Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #361
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: PW2
Everything worked fine thanks again..
I need help in one more thing.. Can you tell me how to create aliases?
April_7th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #362
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
In the Calibre plug-in:
Open the XRay generator as usual, then specify a filename in the "Aliases file" box.
Then run the generation as usual. The generator will create a text file which has the character's names, one on each line.
Open the file with a text editor and, for each character you want to have aliases, add a | character and then the aliases.

eg for "Frankenstein" I have the following alias:
Victor Frankenstein|Victor

I can't remember what happens if you want multiple aliases for the same character, I think it's comma-separated, so you'd have
Victor Frankenstein|Victor,Vic
or something like that.

Then re-run the XRay generator - this time, instead of creating the file, it will read in the aliases you've added.
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #363
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
In the Calibre plug-in:
Open the XRay generator as usual, then specify a filename in the "Aliases file" box.
Then run the generation as usual. The generator will create a text file which has the character's names, one on each line.
Open the file with a text editor and, for each character you want to have aliases, add a | character and then the aliases.

eg for "Frankenstein" I have the following alias:
Victor Frankenstein|Victor

I can't remember what happens if you want multiple aliases for the same character, I think it's comma-separated, so you'd have
Victor Frankenstein|Victor,Vic
or something like that.

Then re-run the XRay generator - this time, instead of creating the file, it will read in the aliases you've added.

Calibre plug-in does its job, but when i put the file in kindle, the x-ray button is still grey, when I put the file which you have created in stand-alone, it works fine.. So i decided to use the command-line version, but can't figure out how.. Can you help me with that? I promise, it will be the last help, i will ask)) I know I'm getting enoying, I'm trying to figure all out by myself, but seems like my knowledge is not enough.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #364
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_7th View Post
Calibre plug-in does its job, but when i put the file in kindle, the x-ray button is still grey, when I put the file which you have created in stand-alone, it works fine.. So i decided to use the command-line version, but can't figure out how.. Can you help me with that? I promise, it will be the last help, i will ask)) I know I'm getting enoying, I'm trying to figure all out by myself, but seems like my knowledge is not enough.
How far have you got?
Old 06-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #365
April_7th
Connoisseur

I have downloaded Mobi_Unpack_v047; xray-builder-v1.50-win32 and couldn't figure out how tu run them.. Also i've got py2exe-0.6.9.win32-py2.7.exe and when I try to install, it says "Python version 2.7 required, which was not found in the registry"

Last edited by April_7th; 06-24-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Advert
Old 06-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #366
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_7th View Post
I have downloaded Mobi_Unpack_v047; xray-builder-v1.50-win32 and couldn't figure out how tu run them.. Also i've got py2exe-0.6.9.win32-py2.7.exe and when I try to install, it says "Python version 2.7 required, which was not found in the registry"
I just use the files from xray-builder-v1.50-win32, I didn't download a separate Mobi_Unpack or py2exe.

I just run it from a command window as, for example:

Code:
XRayBuilder.exe -s http://www.shelfari.com/books/4283291/Frankenstein "D:\Documents\Calibre Library\Shelley, Mary Wollstonecraft\Frankenstein (14)\Frankenstein - Shelley, Mary Wollstonecraft.mobi" -a "D:\Document\Calibre Library\frankenstein.aliases"
Old 06-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #367
April_7th
Connoisseur

This is what I get when I run XRayBuilder.. And when i put in text and hit enter, it just exits..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10461658_661342570587059_6819386734728246261_n.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	124592  

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-24-2014 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Oversized graphic changed to attachment.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #368
April_7th
Connoisseur

can you please send a screenshot of the text you use to create x-ray for any book..?
Old 06-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #369
mjwilson
Connoisseur

I posted an example command in post 366.

How are you launching XRayBuilder? Are you just double-clicking on the .exe file?
Old 06-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #370
April_7th
Connoisseur

I've read that example, but is that all I have to put in? yes, I am just duuble-clicking on it..

Last edited by April_7th; 06-24-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:51 PM   #371
mjwilson
Connoisseur

OK, that won't work. You need to start a command window and type in the command.

To start a command window, the easiest way is probably to go up a level in Windows Explorer, then press Shift and right-click on the folder containing the XRay Builder exe. This should give you an option "Open command window here". Select that and it should open a window in which you can type your commands.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #372
April_7th
Connoisseur

I've run the command window successfully, I typed the command following your example.

XRayBuilder.exe -s http://www.shelfari.com/books/11106/A-Feast-for-Crows "C:\Users\Zura\Desktop\Martin, George R. R_\Feast For Crows, A\Feast For Crows, A - George R. R.Martin.mobi" -a C:\Users\Zura\Desktop\2

And I got this
Old 06-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #373
mjwilson
Connoisseur

It looks like you need quote marks around the path to the .mobi file - I don't see any in the screenshot.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #374
April_7th
Connoisseur

Still, gives me this error and there is nothing in output folder..

C:\Users\Zura\Downloads\New folder\xray-builder-v1.50-win32>XRayBuilder.exe -s h
ttp://www.shelfari.com/books/11106/A-Feast-for-Crows "C:\Users\Zura\Desktop\mart
in\ A_Feast_For_Crows.mobi" -a C:\Users\Zura\Desktop\1
X-Ray Builder Version 1.50

Unknown arg 2: "C:\Users\Zura\Desktop\martin\. Continuing anyway...
Unknown arg 3: A_Feast_For_Crows.mobi". Continuing anyway...
Using C:\Users\Zura\Downloads\New folder\xray-builder-v1.50-win32\out as an outp
ut directory.
All files processed! Press Enter to exit.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #375
April_7th
Connoisseur

There was an extra space, but still..

C:\Users\Zura\Downloads\New folder\xray-builder-v1.50-win32>XRayBuilder.exe -s h
ttp://www.shelfari.com/books/11106/A-Feast-for-Crows "C:\Users\Zura\Desktop\mart
in\A_Feast_For_Crows.mobi" -a "C:\Users\Zura\Desktop\1"
X-Ray Builder Version 1.50

Unknown arg 2: "C:\Users\Zura\Desktop\martin\A_Feast_For_Crows.mo bi". Continuing
anyway...
Using C:\Users\Zura\Downloads\New folder\xray-builder-v1.50-win32\out as an outp
ut directory.
All files processed! Press Enter to exit.

Last edited by April_7th; 06-24-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray