Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
Bobfreeze
Bobfreeze began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Kobo Vox .wmv on Overdrive

Hi All,

The libraries in our region offer .wmv video files for Overdrive. I can borrow and watch these on my PC Overdrive console no problem, however cannot transfer to the Vox Overdrive console as it's not "supported". Of course I cannot watch using another player due to DRM restrictions.

Is there any resolution to this issue?

Thank You...
Bobfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
It seems to be an Android issue. It's all sorta fuzzy to me. There are 3rd party players that support WMV and WMA files. It might be worth using overdrive media on your desktop, and seeing if the export feature will allow you to migrate the files to your Vox over USB and then open the file with a third party player like VLC.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

MX Player should be able to play wmv:
http://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
Bobfreeze
Bobfreeze began at the beginning.

Thanks Taming & hieronymos, the players can play the file, but DRM messes everything up even though I have legally borrowed it through my library. Don't understand why overdrive doesn't allow video on their mobile console. Guess we're SOL for now...
Bobfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote