Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Alternative leather case for PRS-350

I was in Barnes and Nobles the other day looking for something to use for a cover for my PRS-350 and saw these leather photo wallets which make a nice, reasonably priced case. They come in black embossed, red crocodile, and black crocodile. I bought the black embossed one and it looks great with the reader.

The size is 4-3/4 x 6-3/4. So there is a little extra room on the top, bottom and right side. I don't mind as it provides extra protection in the event I drop the case. And the wallet is pretty stiff too. The inside is a sort of micro suede. The tab is magnetized and sticks to the front cover pretty well.

Total cost was about $16.00 ($16.95 for the wallet + tax - 10% discount).

To adapt the wallet, I first used small nippers to snip the stitching holding the vinyl photo sleeves in. Then I cut a black plastic folder to insert into the inside pocket and serve as a base to affix velcro. I put another velcro piece directly on the inside pocket near the opening edge. So the reader is anchored in 3 places. The black plastic insert is optional. You can just put all the velcro right on the inside cover if you want.

Here is a link showing the 3 photo wallet styles they sell which fit the 350.

If you're considering buying one, first check the Barnes and Noble page at www.retailmenot.com as they frequently have online discount coupon codes or links to printable in-store coupons which are valid for stuff like this (but not for Nooks).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	61231   Click image for larger version

Name:	open.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	61232   Click image for larger version

Name:	construction.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	61233  
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
I was in Barnes and Nobles the other day looking for something to use for a cover for my PRS-350 and saw these leather photo wallets which make a nice, reasonably priced case. They come in black embossed, red crocodile, and black crocodile. I bought the black embossed one and it looks great with the reader.

The size is 4-3/4 x 6-3/4. So there is a little extra room on the top, bottom and right side. I don't mind as it provides extra protection in the event I drop the case. And the wallet is pretty stiff too. The inside is a sort of micro suede. The tab is magnetized and sticks to the front cover pretty well.

Total cost was about $16.00 ($16.95 for the wallet + tax - 10% discount).

To adapt the wallet, I first used small nippers to snip the stitching holding the vinyl photo sleeves in. Then I cut a black plastic folder to insert into the inside pocket and serve as a base to affix velcro. I put another velcro piece directly on the inside pocket near the opening edge. So the reader is anchored in 3 places. The black plastic insert is optional. You can just put all the velcro right on the inside cover if you want.

Here is a link showing the 3 photo wallet styles they sell which fit the 350.

If you're considering buying one, first check the Barnes and Noble page at www.retailmenot.com as they frequently have online discount coupon codes or links to printable in-store coupons which are valid for stuff like this (but not for Nooks).
Nice!

Can you fold the cover back behind the reader to read one handed?
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Yes, the front cover can fold completely around to the back. But I actually prefer holding it like a book -- just feels more booklike and it also gives me something to grasp. If I hold the reader by its frame, I all too often mistakenly turn a page as the touchscreen is so sensitive.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote