Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
Oldvjp1
Oldvjp1 began at the beginning.

Device: Red Sony 505 and Blue Sony 300
Unhappy Adobe Dig Ed. with Two Different Libraries

I use Adobe Digital Editions to download library books and transfer them to my reader. I recently joined a second library system and after transferring books downloaded from that library am unable to read any of the books previously downloaded and installed from the first library. New books from second library work fine. Tried to download a new book from first library and it still does not transfer properly. Shows up okay, but upon opening get a protected page error. Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.
Oldvjp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:04 AM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Hmmm...That seems very strange to me. I belong to several different libraries and have been able to download books from each with Digital Editions. I haven't had any trouble accessing the books from different libraries.

Sorry I can't offer any suggestions, just wanted to let you know that I haven't had problems, so I don't think what you're experiencing is the norm.

I hope you get it sorted out!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:10 AM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Unless you reauthorized your Adobe Digital Editions, I can not think of a reason that you would not be able to read PDF or Epub books from multiple libraries. I too, have library cards from multiple libraries and regularly switch around and download books from them all. Have not had a problem downloading, or reading books previously downloaded unless they have expired.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:57 AM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'm having the same problem. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Both ADE and the Reader are authorized (I could read library books last week, but downloads done tonight cannot be read on the Reader).

Last edited by doreenjoy; 07-07-2009 at 03:07 AM.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I'm having the same problem. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Both ADE and the Reader are authorized (I could read library books last week, but downloads done tonight cannot be read on the Reader).
I have been saving the ADE library problem threads just in case I need them for possible future need.

I am waiting for a repost reply from Peter S as I believe he mentioned he worked for Adobe..

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48234
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:18 AM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for the information. I hope we hear something soon.

Anecdotal evidence: My problem appears to be only with PDF files with DRM that I've loaded to the reader using ADE. EPUBs with DRM that I've loaded using ADE seem to work fine. That was a small test case of three files, and the PDF files *used* to work but suddenly stopped.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
tench
Connoisseur
tench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi doreenjoy, I had a similar problem. First only my epubs worked, but I deleted them and tried to put PDFs on. The PDFs would not open. In the end I deauthorized my Reader with ADE and then reauthorized it, and that allowed me to view the PDFs. Have you tried doing that yet?
tench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:52 PM   #8
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I have circumvented several PDF previous problems by not saving the link, but instead choosing "open" when downloading. This seems to get everything into DE after which it can be transferred or decrypted.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Thank you both for the tips.

I did choose "Open" when downloading the PDFs.

tench, could you tell me how to de-authorize the device with ADE? Is it the ctrl+shift+E function? If so then yes, I did do that.

Last edited by doreenjoy; 07-07-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
tench
Connoisseur
tench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toys

Ctrl+shift+E is how I did it. Too bad that didn't work for you.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #11
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Tench, are you able to read both PDF and EPUB from ADE now? Just wondering if that's possible or if I'm in search of the holy grail here.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #12
tench
Connoisseur

Nope, not yet. If I come up with a solution I'll definitely post it. Until then I'm just putting only one kind of library book on my reader at a time.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #13
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

At this point I'd be happy to read the PDFs.

I now have the PDFs opening in the Sony Library, but on the Reader they give a Protected Page error.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #14
tench
Connoisseur

This sounds so similar to what happened to me, but reauthorizing my reader fixed my problem. The only other thing that I can think of is that I removed everything from my reader before I deauthorized and reauthorized it (it wasn't that much for me, only 10 or so books). Maybe that would work?
Old 07-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #15
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Thanks. I did a re-format of my reader (removing all content and authoriztions) and then connected to ADE, which prompted me to re-auth it. Still not working.

I may try un-authorizing it again and see if that helps.

Or, I may try cracking the DRM on these stupid PDFs. :/