Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #1651
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I actually found and got 2 for one....I usually don't find anything that interests me during these sales. Now I only have 3 credits left.........
Whatcha get? I'm still debating.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:57 PM   #1652
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I got "Still Missing" by Chevy Stevens and "Shadow Prey" by John Sandford. Suspense.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:46 PM   #1653
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
I got "Still Missing" by Chevy Stevens and "Shadow Prey" by John Sandford. Suspense.
Please post a review after you read Still Missing. I've listened to two Chevy Stevens books--liked one (That Night), hated the other (Those Girls).
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:00 AM   #1654
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Audible's having a 2-for-1 sale: two books for one credit, from a selected list.

Audible seems to be hiding this sale as much as possible (and with the lousy selection, who can blame them?). I don't see it on the home page; I only got to it from an e-mail link that required a sign-in (even though I'm always signed in). Instead of providing an end date, Audible has a countdown; right now it's seven days, eight hours, and eleven minutes. Maybe this is supposed to increase tension?
It does also seem reqstricted. I can't access it at all, and only get an error. Does it require a subscription of some kind, to be able to access it?
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:13 AM   #1655
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
It does also seem reqstricted. I can't access it at all, and only get an error. Does it require a subscription of some kind, to be able to access it?
It requires a paid membership with 1 or more credits in your account.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:33 AM   #1656
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 16 Aug

* Operation Mincemeat: The True Spy Story that Changed the Course of World War II
Old 08-16-2017, 06:44 AM   #1657
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 16 Aug
Old 08-16-2017, 07:52 AM   #1658
flink
Banned
flink began at the beginning.

Device: Android/Linux/Windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
They want you to buy into the monthly membership thing. $15 a month buys you one book a month.

Audible is as bad as any Book Club or record club from the old days. I don't think they realize the volume of business they'd do if they would simply sell single books at the same price as their monthly membership price and skip the membership thing.

My advice is to sign up for the membership, get the book, then cancel.
flink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:40 AM   #1659
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flink View Post
They want you to buy into the monthly membership thing. $15 a month buys you one book a month.
I got the special 12 credit/1 year deal they were running, the credits came to around $7.50 each. I won't do the $15 a credit plan. I am down to 3 credits, so I have to carefully choose what I will use them on!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:17 AM   #1660
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I got the special 12 credit/1 year deal they were running, the credits came to around $7.50 each. I won't do the $15 a credit plan. I am down to 3 credits, so I have to carefully choose what I will use them on!
Wow, I also got the 12-credit deal when it was on sale, and I still have all 12 credits.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:38 AM   #1661
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Wow, I also got the 12-credit deal when it was on sale, and I still have all 12 credits.
That's 24 books at $3.75 each
Old 08-16-2017, 11:17 AM   #1662
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's 24 books at $3.75 each
Huh? You mean if I bought books from the 2-for-1 sale? But I can't even find ONE book I want in that sale!
Old 08-16-2017, 11:33 AM   #1663
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Well 8 of the credits were used for books by favorite authors and/or narrators, then the 9th I used in the 2/1 sale. I've got a few left in my WL, but I don't need to get them any time soon. I've already listened to 2 of the 8.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:55 AM   #1664
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Huh? You mean if I bought books from the 2-for-1 sale? But I can't even find ONE book I want in that sale!
Yep - that's usually the case with these selections. I've never found anything in these sales worth getting. I'd rather get one book I really want instead of two books I'm not all that interested in.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #1665
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Well 8 of the credits were used for books by favorite authors and/or narrators, then the 9th I used in the 2/1 sale. I've got a few left in my WL, but I don't need to get them any time soon. I've already listened to 2 of the 8.
I'll probably be using a few soon--a couple of series I've been reading have new additions coming out in the next month or so. And there's a giant two-volume biography of Lincoln I want, but I feel like I should wait till I'm actually in the mood to read it.