Notices

Old 09-29-2007, 03:21 AM   #16
Yoric
Busy developing OpenBerg
Yoric began at the beginning.

Device: OpenBerg Lector
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Will openberg run is seamonkey? What kind of installation script does it require?
IIRC, we have nothing Firefox-specific except the install.rdf . There's no one testing it on SeaMonkey, nor working on a SeaMonkey port, though.
Yoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:03 AM   #17
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoric View Post
We had someone working on a Windows Mobile port, but he stopped giving signs of life some time ago. It is possible that Lector will work on Windows Mobile using Minimo, but as we have no Windows Mobile device to test it, that's not a priority. Of course, if a volunteer were to come by and help us with it, the story would be different.
OK, so I've got Minimo up and running. Can I just drop the Lector xpi into the chrome folder? (I'm not really expecting it to be that simple!).
andym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
IIRC, we have nothing Firefox-specific except the install.rdf . There's no one testing it on SeaMonkey, nor working on a SeaMonkey port, though.
Yea, I believe it is the install. I couldn't get it to install. The rest of SeaMonkey is basically the same but I really like the integration and UI on that product. Is there a work around to the install issue?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:00 AM   #19
Yoric
Busy developing OpenBerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Yea, I believe it is the install. I couldn't get it to install. The rest of SeaMonkey is basically the same but I really like the integration and UI on that product. Is there a work around to the install issue?
No guarantee here, but you can try the following steps:
* rename the .xpi to .zip
* extract its contents to a directory of your choice
* edit install.rdf and replace its contents with
Code:
<RDF:RDF>
−
<RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mozilla:install-manifest" em:id="lector@openberg.org" em:name="OpenBerg Lector 5" em:version="2007.07.28" em:creator="David Teller" em:description="Read e-Books from Firefox" em:homepageURL="http://www.openberg.org" em:updateURL="http://www.openberg.org/downloads/openberg_lector_update.rdf" em:iconURL="chrome://openberglector/skin/classic/openberg.png" em:optionsURL="chrome://openberglector/content/preferences.xul">
<em:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$rduQc"/>
</RDF:Description>
<RDF:Description RDF:about="rdf:#$rduQc" em:id="{92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a}" em:minVersion="1.0" em:maxVersion="2.0.0.*"/>
</RDF:RDF>
* re-zip
* re-rename to .xpi
* try and install the new .xpi .

That's a quick & dirty hack, but it might work.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:04 AM   #20
Yoric
Busy developing OpenBerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym View Post
OK, so I've got Minimo up and running. Can I just drop the Lector xpi into the chrome folder? (I'm not really expecting it to be that simple!).
Sorry, I have no clue about Minimo extensions. On the other hand, if you're willing to take the time to hunt and read Minimo documentation, we'll be happy to get your help
Advert
Old 10-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
No guarantee here, but you can try the following steps:
* rename the .xpi to .zip
* extract its contents to a directory of your choice
* edit install.rdf and replace its contents with
Code:
<RDF:RDF>
−
<RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mozilla:install-manifest" em:id="lector@openberg.org" em:name="OpenBerg Lector 5" em:version="2007.07.28" em:creator="David Teller" em:description="Read e-Books from Firefox" em:homepageURL="http://www.openberg.org" em:updateURL="http://www.openberg.org/downloads/openberg_lector_update.rdf" em:iconURL="chrome://openberglector/skin/classic/openberg.png" em:optionsURL="chrome://openberglector/content/preferences.xul">
<em:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$rduQc"/>
</RDF:Description>
<RDF:Description RDF:about="rdf:#$rduQc" em:id="{92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a}" em:minVersion="1.0" em:maxVersion="2.0.0.*"/>
</RDF:RDF>
* re-zip
* re-rename to .xpi
* try and install the new .xpi .

That's a quick & dirty hack, but it might work.
Sorry, I still get the message install script not found.
Thanks for trying.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote