Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-16-2017, 01:03 PM   #31
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
Did you? With this Oasis? (Edit: I see you don't have an Oasis, scrap that.).

I only noticed the issue (with the one LED originally) when I was trying out the new touchscreen disabled function. I had the auto light adjuster on, and it changed the brightness to such a level that this problem was extremely visible. This was after three weeks of use. I don't really know if the problem was always there and I wasn't aware of it as I don't use the light that much, or if it happened over time.

Edit: the problem with the second LED is definitely new, though.
Not on an Oasis, but an LED light bulb. Still an LED is an LED regardless of its packaging.
Sounds like you just got two lemon bulbs. If it had been all the LED lights immediately after the bath I would say yes it was the bath. One bulb, no.

Can I guess you have never had a light of any kind go poof?
I have had everything from incandescent to CFL to LED bulbs go poof. Anywhere from one minute to decades.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:16 PM   #32
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Not on an Oasis, but an LED light bulb. Still an LED is an LED regardless of its packaging.
Sounds like you just got two lemon bulbs. If it had been all the LED lights immediately after the bath I would say yes it was the bath. One bulb, no.

Can I guess you have never had a light of any kind go poof?
I have had everything from incandescent to CFL to LED bulbs go poof. Anywhere from one minute to decades.
Of course I have, but not one inside a device until now.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:34 PM   #33
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, they promised a NEW replacement - what has just arrived is a Refurb. So I'm back into Customer Service again. I'm going to have to send them both back and just get a refund. This is so ridic.

EDIT: on person number three in less than five minutes. I'm telling them no way as I accepting a second hand reader that I paid 350$ for plus 45$ warranty.

Last edited by Pjama; 12-17-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:45 PM   #34
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
When I returned my first Oasis, which I got just when it came out, I received one that was marked as refurbished in a brown box. It did not have the blue color retail box, but had the cable. There really was no way it could have been a return of any kind as there wasn't enough time lapsed.

For me I had no issue as my replacement was perfect in every regard, something the original unit wasn't.

But that was then, by now they do have returns.

Sorry they are giving you the runaround. I kept getting passed back and forth to 5 different CS on chat when I had to do my exchange. Back and forth between technical support and customer support.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:55 PM   #35
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
When I returned my first Oasis, which I got just when it came out, I received one that was marked as refurbished in a brown box. It did not have the blue color retail box, but had the cable. There really was no way it could have been a return of any kind as there wasn't enough time lapsed.

For me I had no issue as my replacement was perfect in every regard, something the original unit wasn't.

But that was then, by now they do have returns.

Sorry they are giving you the runaround. I kept getting passed back and forth to 5 different CS on chat when I had to do my exchange. Back and forth between technical support and customer support.
It's a real pain, and I am left with no reader at all. I sold my Kobo Aura One for this...
Old 12-17-2017, 04:58 PM   #36
Pjama
Guru

Now they have refunded me 87.01 instead of 389.99 for reader and warranty.

Edit: this has been corrected.

Last edited by Pjama; 12-17-2017 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:22 PM   #37
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
So how is the 2nd one looking? Or never turned it on? As for refunds when returning anything - Amazon doesn't refund money until they physically receive the returned one.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:26 PM   #38
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
So how is the 2nd one looking? Or never turned it on? As for refunds when returning anything - Amazon doesn't refund money until they physically receive the returned one.
I haven't opened it. If I wanted a used ereader, I'd buy a used ereader is how I feel about it.

Yes, I know, they don't until they have proof of posting at UPS (or wherever),but then they are quick at processing.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:34 PM   #39
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
I haven't opened it. If I wanted a used ereader, I'd buy a used ereader is how I feel about it.

Yes, I know, they don't until they have proof of posting at UPS (or wherever),but then they are quick at processing.
Did CS tell you anything why a refurb was sent? I see the 32gb 3g version as sold out right now until the 27th. They may simply have sent a refurb until they give you a new one.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:56 PM   #40
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Did CS tell you anything why a refurb was sent? I see the 32gb 3g version as sold out right now until the 27th. They may simply have sent a refurb until they give you a new one.
They said that the exchange was generated automatically by the system, even though the representative I chatted with on Thursday promised it would be brand new... so even if I exchanged again, the same thing would happen. If I'd known this, I would have gone for a straight refund.

I noticed that it was out of stock til the 27th too, earlier, and just assumed they must have kept some stock back for exchanges.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:15 PM   #41
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
I opened it after your comment - and I'm not happy with it, so this is going back too, so now I'm on to CS to get a return label for this one too.

So I will be receiving a refund for the original one I ordered with the defective LEDs, and two kindle Oases will be being dropped off at UPS by myself.

I can no longer get the one I want in time for Christmas, so I don't really know what to do after I send them back. Take my Voyage back from my son?
Old 12-17-2017, 07:03 PM   #42
Pjama
Guru

The latest:

I got escalated this time, and they will replace the refurb unit for a new one when they come in stock, so I suppose that is OK. I'll use the refurb in the meantime I think. And, over and out, and sorry for going on and on about this. So I am going with the exchange after all, it seems.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:03 PM   #43
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Don't be sorry, your frustration was completely understandable. Glad it seems to be sorted now!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:37 PM   #44
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
I got escalated this time, and they will replace the refurb unit for a new one when they come in stock, so I suppose that is OK. I'll use the refurb in the meantime I think. And, over and out, and sorry for going on and on about this. So I am going with the exchange after all, it seems.
Don't be sorry. It's good to know how a company's customer service works in the real world – especially in a situation as frustrating as this one when it appears you purchased a extra warranty protection. I'm glad it worked out. It sounds like you finally found the right rep.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote