Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-17-2018, 12:56 PM   #1
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Increase auto shutdown time to be more than 60minutes

By default my kobo will auto shutdown between 15 to 60 minutes. Is it possible to increase this time to be, let's say, a couple of hours or maybe 2-3 days?
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzule View Post
By default my kobo will auto shutdown between 15 to 60 minutes. Is it possible to increase this time to be, let's say, a couple of hours or maybe 2-3 days?
You can use the patches to set 240 minutes. The time fits into a single byte so ranges from 0 = never to 255 (4 hours, 15 minutes). My default times are never and 5 to 60 minutes.

Personally, I use never for power off.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2018, 04:30 AM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Increase auto shutdown time to be more than 60minutes

You can also increase the power off time manually in the "Kobo eReader.conf" file in the .kobo folder of your device by adding (and then restarting your device):

[PowerOptions]
AutoOffMinutes=2880

Where 2880 (48 hours) is the number of minutes you want. I had 48 hours working successfully on my Glo running 4.8.x, but it doesn't seem to work in 4.9.11311 on my Clara HD. I do have it set to even longer (I think 3300 minutes / 55 hours), but instead of switching off after two days of not reading, it switches off after one day of not reading. I'm not sure after how long exactly, but it's somewhere between 24 and 36 hours I think. I haven't paid enough attention.

In any case 24+h is still longer than the 4h15m you get with the patch 😊
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:54 PM   #4
gonzule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You can use the patches to set 240 minutes. The time fits into a single byte so ranges from 0 = never to 255 (4 hours, 15 minutes). My default times are never and 5 to 60 minutes.

Personally, I use never for power off.
Thanks, will give it a try. I'm on a preiod where i cant read every day, so my device sits "sleeping" on my desk. My issue is that by the time i can finally pick it up again, the battery is dead because it was always sleeping, but at the same time 60 minute power off is too short.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:54 PM   #5
gonzule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
You can also increase the power off time manually in the "Kobo eReader.conf" file in the .kobo folder of your device by adding (and then restarting your device):

[PowerOptions]
AutoOffMinutes=2880

Where 2880 (48 hours) is the number of minutes you want. I had 48 hours working successfully on my Glo running 4.8.x, but it doesn't seem to work in 4.9.11311 on my Clara HD. I do have it set to even longer (I think 3300 minutes / 55 hours), but instead of switching off after two days of not reading, it switches off after one day of not reading. I'm not sure after how long exactly, but it's somewhere between 24 and 36 hours I think. I haven't paid enough attention.

In any case 24+h is still longer than the 4h15m you get with the patch 😊
Awesome! Will give it a try, hope it works!
Advert