Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-01-2018, 03:56 PM   #1801
Kaatje64
Kaatje64 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O second edition
Install plugin failed

I tried to install the plugin but it failed and I got this message. What can I do to make it work?

calibre, version 3.18.0
FOUT: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 726, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 461, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 60, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 199, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 183, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED
Kaatje64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:31 PM   #1802
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Unfortunately that actually doesn't tell me what's wrong, and I can't reproduce it locally. Can you restart calibre in debug mode (see the very first post in this thread for how to do that) and try to install it again? Once you see the error, close calibre and the debug log should appear. Post it here as a quote. Hopefully that'll have some more information for me.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2018, 03:51 PM   #1803
Kaatje64
Kaatje64 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O second edition
Debug log

When I started in de debug mode and tried to install the plugin, it installed! And I could activate it as well. Hope that it works.
But maybe you learn something from the debug log:
calibre Debuglog
calibre 3.18 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8.1-6.3.9600-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8.1', '6.3.9600')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('8.1', '6.3.9600', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: nl
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 5) && Kobo Utilities (2, 6, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 3, 0) && KoboBooks (1, 0, 0)
calibre 3.18 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8.1-6.3.9600-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8.1', '6.3.9600')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('8.1', '6.3.9600', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: nl
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 5) && Kobo Utilities (2, 6, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 3, 0) && KoboBooks (1, 0, 0)
Turning on automatic hidpi scaling
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 92.5388994307 x 92.6756756757
Using calibre Qt style: True
Starting up...
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 2.1 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
DEBUG: 2.1 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=None, self.supports_tiles=None
DEBUG: 2.1 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG: 2.1 device_driver_name - could not load extended driver. Exception= No module named kobotouch_extended.device.driver
DEBUG: 2.1 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Driver: KoboTouch'
DEBUG: 2.1 device_driver_name - could not load extended driver. Exception= No module named kobotouch_extended.device.driver
Started up in 4.80 seconds with 144 books
Downloading plugin ZIP attachment: https://code.calibre-ebook.com/plugins/211135.zip
Installing plugin: C:\Users\Wenker\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_bmztm5\ pf

Last edited by Kaatje64; 03-02-2018 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Wrong debug log at first.
Kaatje64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:22 AM   #1804
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:48 PM   #1805
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Just popping in to say that the bug I kept having where after a Calibre update the plugin mysteriously disappeared, leaving no files behind, and had to be reinstalled is still happening. It's been happening ever since with every single Calibre update I've installed, usually after the first reboot, sometimes after two or three reboots; after the latest update, it happened twice (!!). When I try to reinstall it I get the same behaviour as Kaatje64 up here, go into debug mode, and then it magically installs as normal (making the debug log useless).

I realise that if you could have fixed it you would have done so already, but this is just to say that, well, it's still happening. Is this only happening to me? I'm using Windows 10 with the latest updates and Calibre 64bit.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2018, 12:14 AM   #1806
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
I realise that if you could have fixed it you would have done so already, but this is just to say that, well, it's still happening. Is this only happening to me? I'm using Windows 10 with the latest updates and Calibre 64bit.
Not much help to you but I have not seen the issue you are experiencing either with Windows 10 x64 build 17134.112 (latest release version running on a physical computer) nor with build 17692.1000 (latest Windows Insider Preview running in a VM).

Perhaps excluding the directories used by calibre from being scanned by your antivirus/malware would help.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #1807
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Not much help to you but I have not seen the issue you are experiencing either with Windows 10 x64 build 17134.112 (latest release version running on a physical computer) nor with build 17692.1000 (latest Windows Insider Preview running in a VM).

Perhaps excluding the directories used by calibre from being scanned by your antivirus/malware would help.
Thank you for your post, sorry for the lateness in the reply but I hadn't noticed it. I have all of the Windows Updates regularly installed and have tried excluding the Calibre folders (both program and configuration, where the plugins are stored) from Windows Defender, but when I updated Calibre today to the latest release the plugin was gone as usual. It's been happening also randomly in between updates, with me finding out when I realize I've sent epubs to my Kobo, but the update thing seems to be a constant.
I've never had to reinstall any other Calibre plugin, and I have many. I also use no cleaning or malware prevention software on my computer. I'll keep trying to figure this out, anyway.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:47 PM   #1808
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Please excuse the stupid noob type question, but I'm just starting to really get to grips with all that Calibre and its plugins can do.

How do I use this plugin to create collections on my Kobo Clara? I have "Create Collections" ticked, not sure what I should put in the "Collections colums" box. It says "specify I tags type column for automatic management" so I entered

Series

but after that, nothing seems to have happened. The book I want to transfer all have series metadata, and I have selectred "update metada on device", but I have no new collections on my Clara. I know the fault is mine, what exactly have I done wrong, or failed to do?
Old 10-22-2018, 11:00 PM   #1809
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There are some instructions in the Wiki at Kobo_Shelves_and_Collections. They are slightly out of date, but cover what you need to know. If that doesn't help, come back and ask.

Ah, and for what you have tried, case is important. It should be "series".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #1810
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There are some instructions in the Wiki at Kobo_Shelves_and_Collections. They are slightly out of date, but cover what you need to know. If that doesn't help, come back and ask.

Capital, that worked perfectly, thank you!
Old 10-23-2018, 01:38 AM   #1811
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Capital, that worked perfectly, thank you!
Shouldn't that be Non-capital?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:41 AM   #1812
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Shouldn't that be Non-capital?
In this case, undoubtedly
Old 10-26-2018, 03:26 AM   #1813
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Another question that's likely to have pebkac as it cause: I have just sideloaded a series onto my Clara. Only AFTER doing so did I notice that in 6 of the books, the author's initials are separated by periods, in the rest of the series, they are not. I did a bulk metadata edit so that the whole series shows initials separated by periods, then selected "update cached metadata on the device".After ejecting the device, no change in the "authors" list. What have I done wrong this time?
Old 10-26-2018, 06:35 AM   #1814
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Another question that's likely to have pebkac as it cause: I have just sideloaded a series onto my Clara. Only AFTER doing so did I notice that in 6 of the books, the author's initials are separated by periods, in the rest of the series, they are not. I did a bulk metadata edit so that the whole series shows initials separated by periods, then selected "update cached metadata on the device".After ejecting the device, no change in the "authors" list. What have I done wrong this time?
The device displays metadata from a database on the device. This is built when the device imports new books. It reads the metadata and puts it in the database. The driver doesn't update the metadata in the database. The "Update cached metadata on the device" is updating calibres cache of metadata. This is used to help with matching the books on the device with books in the calibre library.

To do what you want without resending the books, get my Kobo Utilities plugin. It has a function to update the metadata in the database. Plus a lot of other things.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:45 AM   #1815
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
To do what you want without resending the books, get my Kobo Utilities plugin. It has a function to update the metadata in the database. Plus a lot of other things.
Hah, thanks! I already have it installed. This time I shall try again using the proper plugin. Pebkac it truly was.

EDIT: I tried "update metadata in device library" ticking the "Author" box. Three times, the result was "Books updated=0", a result confirmed each time when I ejected the device and saw nothing had changed. I then tried ticking "Use Author sort" and that DID change a lot, creating 3 new "authors" by separating the initials from the surname. So I ran it again, with "Use Author Sort" unchecked, and it restored everything to how it was before I started - 6 showing the initials with periods, 15 without.

Last edited by stuartjmz; 10-26-2018 at 06:58 AM.

Tags
error, kobo aura one