Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #121
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Hey SS.

You can always burn some calories by putting on a belly dancing routine for the lounge.
Listen to him SS. I second his suggestion. It seems like a very good idea.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:05 PM   #122
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Here i go..... Can you see me? I will do it for the next 20 minutes...
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #123
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I can happily report that over the past 15 weeks I've been pretty good about eating healthy every meal. I've had some violations but none terribly serious or repetitive. I'm still struggling to exercise daily, though, and need to solve that somehow. The result is 31 pounds lost, my blood pressure is now normal, and my total cholesterol is consistently 117 even though I've been taking only half my prescribed statin daily. I'll need to talk to my doctor soon to see if I should just eliminate it.

Any other progress reports?
so your post was truthful?

I'll be ... dipped in hot chocolate, head first!

My wife has started doing the exercise I suggested you and she is very happy with it.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #124
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
so your post was truthful?

I'll be ... dipped in hot chocolate, head first!

My wife has started doing the exercise I suggested you and she is very happy with it.
Beppe! I'm finding your lost weight! Stop it, now!

OK guys and gals. I don't want to. But I guess I'll join you.

Carb counting has worked for me before.

Do I have to weigh myself too? I'm real good at making up pretend numbers.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #125
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Everyone should be down 8 lbs by now.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #126
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I think I am up by who knows how much...with all this Scottish black pudding and whisky.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:14 PM   #127
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I lost almost 10 pounds in New Mexico because of stress. who know what will happen on this trip!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #128
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I think I am up by who knows how much...with all this Scottish black pudding and whisky.
Skip the pudding. And if it's a single malt Scotch, that's bad for you too, send it here. My diet's not working too well, I might as well help you out.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #129
SameOldStory
My True Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I lost almost 10 pounds in New Mexico because of stress. who know what will happen on this trip!
Montezuma's revenge? I hate that stress that builds up as you try to decide - One slow step at a time, or RUN FOR IT!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:59 AM   #130
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Well, so far things are going quite well. Since June I'm down another six pounds/3 kilos. Since I started in April, I'm down 11 pounds/5 kilos. (I keep track of my weight using the Wii Fit electronic scales/balance board.)

I want to lose about the same again. It'll probably slow down as I approach my target, so hopefully I'll get there by my birthday — May next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I could do with losing about the same — or perhaps a kilo or two more.

I'm currently trying to do it by just eating a little less of what I usually eat. A smallish bowl of cereal, or only one round of toast for breakfast. One sandwich at lunch time, not two. One or two biscuits at tea-time, not three or four. Having one plateful of food at dinner - not adding more as I go along. Oh - and drinking water or diet soda instead of snacking, although I will have a bit of fruit if I'm feeling particularly hungry.

So far it seems to be working...
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:43 AM   #131
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I have put on weight since June. dunno how much because my bluddy spreadsheet tracking it was on the bluddy dead drive.

I have lost a kilo this past fortnight though. Hopefully can stay back on track for a while. (until the next trip to the Territory)
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:03 AM   #132
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Everyone should be down 8 lbs by now.
I know. But only 4 for me. I've been struggling a bit lately and *must* refocus. Just let me finish this donut first and I'll get right on it.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:44 AM   #133
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
i am diet-free ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:22 AM   #134
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Once you get to a certain age no one really looks anyways.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #135
SameOldStory
My True Self

What do you mean "NO BODY LOOKS". I've seen you laughing at my picture in Walmart!

Last edited by SameOldStory; 08-25-2010 at 11:59 AM.