Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 02:46 AM   #1
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Unsalted Nuts

In a bold attempt to save lives, the Mayor of New York has announced a "War on Salt". With the assistance of a major fast food chain, the Mayor hopes to remove easy access to this lethal condiment from people who are not qualified to use it safely. This caused great excitement among reporters, although none of them had the common sense to ask what lethal chemical would be used as a substitute.
New Yorkers, as a whole, remained unmoved by the decision. As veterans of the numerous other "Wars" waged in the past against Crime, Drugs, Prostitution and Illiteracy in the Board of Education, they know that soon the only salt that won't be easy to find will be the rock salt the City uses to de-ice the streets every winter. As usual.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
What's next? Unsalted pretzels? No-salt potato chips?
Where will this end?

"When they outlaw salt, only outlaws will have salt!"
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I saw a news story today - banning McDonalds from giving away toys in high calorie Happy Meals.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I saw a news story today - banning McDonalds from giving away toys in high calorie Happy Meals.
That's crazy, the toy is the healthiest bit!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Too true!
[It was considered bribing kids - you know - like Joe Camel did]
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
That IS crazy. Parents ... just say NO!!!!

I don't think McDonald's should be held responsible for raising my kids, making them fat, or keeping them skinny.

As long as the toys are deemed safe for those who choose to partake in the prize package, then ... Have at it, Mickey D ... as we say in TX.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Look here: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...tory?track=rss
Old 04-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
I think the most fast food joints should be responsible for is possibly posting the nutrition information for the foods they offer, so the public can make an informed decision. That's it!

I agree with the man in the article: "Take control of your 3-year olds, parents."

On a side note: I would much rather have a universal ordinance that ALL eating establishments are required to post, in a conspicuous place, like at the front door, the last FDA inspection date of the premises as well as the score received and what they were sited for if the score was less than PERFECT. That way I could make a more informed decision as to whether I would REALLY like to eat there or not. How about THAT?
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's a great idea. But, have you seen the lifeforms in most fastfood places? Most of them can't read the menu, never mind comprehend an FDA warning. I know someone will be offended by that statement, but consider this: a 300 lb. woman in sweatpants with the word "JUICY" across the butt or a tube top and pajama bottoms with 2 toddlers wearing only Tshirts and diapers in December, can't possibly be a Mensa member.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:00 AM   #10
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
That's a great idea. But, have you seen the lifeforms in most fastfood places? Most of them can't read the menu, never mind comprehend an FDA warning. I know someone will be offended by that statement, but consider this: a 300 lb. woman in sweatpants with the word "JUICY" across the butt or a tube top and pajama bottoms with 2 toddlers wearing only Tshirts and diapers in December, can't possibly be a Mensa member.
I Love the way you have of saying what I am thinking

You are naughty

And you can never have too much salt well sometimes.

Hey I just calculated 300 pounds to a weight I can understand. Holy crap thats fat. Carrying an extra person around (all around) on your arse must be hard.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:07 AM   #11
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
I can usually see some skinny women around there too (80-100lbs). Although I don't know for how long they keep the food inside.

Anyway, certainly your 300lbs woman is not the average Joe/Jane in a McDonalds.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:15 AM   #12
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what? larger?
Old 04-30-2010, 05:06 AM   #13
recluse
Banned

Not yet, but soon enough. Sometimes I think people miss the point on purpose.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #14
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

All the advertisements show healthy weight people enjoying the salty fatty stuff washed down with a sugary drink
Old 04-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #15
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
I agree with the man in the article: "Take control of your 3-year olds, parents."
Agreed... but parents in the U.S. (not all, of course) continue to demonstrate that they cannot control their children... and their weakness results in unhealthy children. I'm all for the community enforcing minimum health standards, especially when corporations and parents prove they are not up to the task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
All the advertisements show healthy weight people enjoying the salty fatty stuff washed down with a sugary drink
Correction: They show healthy-looking models, pretending to eat those foods until the director yells "cut," in order to earn a Happy Paycheck. (Not too different than the kids, if you think about it...) And I'm sure a great many of them head for the nearest bathroom the minute they're dismissed.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 04-30-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote