Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #2281
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Victor
Code is included in Revision:60a26e73f8 and placed in /script/core/core_ui.js
I can confirm this is working, pictures and audio nodes are populated.
Just pull changes and build installer/beta

Mark, I created a installer with new modifications of today. On the options of "menu customizer" are missing "games&utilities" and "multimedia".
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #2282
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
Mark, I created a installer with new modifications of today. On the options of "menu customizer" are missing "games&utilities" and "multimedia".
To show these menus on menu customizer it's necessary to add these lines on core_ui_menu.js temporally until somebody finds other solution

// manually add "Games & Utils" and "Multimedia" node
values.push("gamesAndUtils");
valueTitles["gamesAndUtils"] = "Games & Utilities";
values.push("multimedia");
valueTitles["multimedia"] = "Multimedia";
};

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 07-03-2011 at 05:33 PM.
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 02:07 AM   #2283
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Forgive me if this question was answered before. I wonder if the custom dictionaries in 505 work as the pre-installed dictionaries (pop-up after double-click in a book)?
505 has no touchscreen.
For readers with touchscreen plan is to have it like standard dictionaries.

Quote:
Don't know if our experts here will continue working on new functions for PRS-650 too because it has been discontinued as I understand
505 is discontinued for years, work still continues. There are no plans to drop support of any of the currently supported models (300, 350, 505, 600, 650, 950)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
My question is, if LRFTextScale is working with epub files?
No.

Quote:
I know I can create css files for different font sizes, but is there a way to use + button ?
I'd try:
Code:
body {
   font-size: 1.1em; // means +10%
}
This should work as long as books CSS doesn't use hardcoded font size.

Last edited by kartu; 07-04-2011 at 02:12 AM.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:53 AM   #2284
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
Mark, have the latest modification about stand by image got an option to set :
1. Default (blank screen)
2. Current book cover
3. Random image from user folder
4. Current reader display?

as Ben and you commented on other post
Yes, there is a addon providing this selections.
Strings are in the google-spreadsheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
There are changes to this, to enable translated standard-menu actions.

Related to this I notice an error within 505 default-localizer localizeSettings, too
Last translated item is Date_Time, Year, Month, Day, a.s.o arn't translated to german. Will you please check with espanol?
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #2285
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Yes, there is a addon providing this selections.
Strings are in the google-spreadsheet.

There are changes to this, to enable translated standard-menu actions.

Related to this I notice an error within 505 default-localizer localizeSettings, too
Last translated item is Date_Time, Year, Month, Day, a.s.o arn't translated to german. Will you please check with espanol?

Mark, is the addon to set the mode to show the image in standby uploaded?

Surquizu refers to this issue http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/issues/detail?id=70, the way to show games and utilities and multimedia on menu customizer (without translation) is to add from line 133

// manually add "Games & Utils" and "Multimedia" node
values.push("gamesAndUtils");
valueTitles["gamesAndUtils"] = "Games & Utilities";
values.push("multimedia");
valueTitles["multimedia"] = "Multimedia";
};

for 505 model.

Could you create a document on wiki with the different folders of the prs+ (dictionary, fonts, epub, wallpaper, etc) their functions and path? because there are many new lately.

thanks

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 07-04-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #2286
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

VictorSJG
Sorry missed to include the addon in the last push to repository, will do so this night.

About menuCustomizer, I think this will be up to kartu, but if I see a solution I will try.

Will keep wiki-page in mind, too.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #2287
VICTORSJG
Addict

is there a posibility to set scan sd or not scan sd, without need to conect the reader to usb, like the version prs 1.1.3?
Old 07-05-2011, 01:23 AM   #2288
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reinserting SD (waiting for at least 8 sec) should be enough for both 1.x.x and 2.x.x.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #2289
VICTORSJG
Addict

Kartu, i've set on browse folders scan sd card (active), i've inserted the sd card wait a moment but the sd wasn't scan until i conected and disconected the reader to ubs once, then if i want to set scan sd card disable i have to do the same procedure. So this way allways need a pc to set scan or not sd.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:18 AM   #2290
bigfatfrog67
bigfatfrog67 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Is there a Linux version of this?
bigfatfrog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #2291
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Installation of "base-image" (for 600 and x50) depends on a Windoze-DLL

So you will have to use a win-box, or virtual environment once.

Updates can be handled direct on the device using *.zip installer-packages.
HTH
Mark
Old 07-08-2011, 04:52 PM   #2292
chcoust
chcoust began at the beginning.

Hello all,

I have searched this forum and google about an option on the PRS650 to hide/remove completly the status bar, and I found few posts ;

One here with an answer from kartu
Quote:
PS
When I'm done with 2.x "alphas" for all models, and betas start, remind me, if this feature is still missing.
And i have seen one Feature Request in the "Issues" section, with no clear answer
here

Can you tell us a bit more about the "doability" of this request ?

Charles
chcoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:17 AM   #2293
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chcoust View Post
Hello all,

I have searched this forum and google about an option on the PRS650 to hide/remove completly the status bar, and I found few posts ;

One here with an answer from kartu

And i have seen one Feature Request in the "Issues" section, with no clear answer
here

Can you tell us a bit more about the "doability" of this request ?

Charles
It is probably doable.
It implies reformatting the book.
As far as I see there is no place in cache files to store information about book formated with and without statusbar. Neither is there a way to find out who has created the cache for particular book.
It will NOT be compatible with Sony Ebook Library etc.
It won't be intuitive and it will feel buggy even if it won't contain actual bugs.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #2294
chcoust
chcoust began at the beginning.

Thanks for your answer.

I imagine the part about reformatting the book may be tricky and i didnt imagine that. I just thougt the status bar was an overlay on the book itself.

Anyway i asked that feature because i originaly had a glitch with my manga caracters in either pdf or epub :

- With pdf, the pdf is reseized to fit on the PRS650 page, with a "crap" resizing and so not fully readable texts
- and with epubs, the page is not resized so readable, but the bottom of the manga is "hidded" by the bar.

I tried many settings in the tool i use to make the files after posting the message and at the end I found the perfect settings (for me) with Canti.

Here are the settings I changed compared to default PRS650 profile in Canti

width = 600 -> keep 600
height = 800 -> change to 768
add_border = false -> change to true

I prefer generating epubs but should work with pdfs too

Charles

Last edited by chcoust; 07-09-2011 at 09:24 AM.
chcoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #2295
Ivy
Sometimes I purr.
Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I promised I'd donate after I get paid... and I did.
So, I'm sending a small donation your way, kartu. Thank you.
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote