Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
DRM'less Neal Asher

Was wondering if anyone knows of where I could get Neal Asher DRM'less ebooks?

Did a search on http://ebooks.addall.com/ and all I could find was Kindle books on Amazon and DRM'd epubs at Waterstones.

I bought "Gridlinked" from Waterstones yesterday, and it was the first (and last) Digital Editions ebook I've ever bought. It was a little like swallowing a pine-cone, only worse. Maybe more like stabbing my eye with a spoon... or perhaps headbutting the pointy end of a coke bottle... with my eyeball... while swallowing previously stated pine-cone...

Anyway, just wondering

cheers
mukoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Sometimes publishers are DRM-free and distributors add DRM, but typically if one source of an ebook has DRM then so do all the other legitimate sources. I prefer WHSmith over Waterstones, but you still end up with a DRMed ePub. However, don't forget about Adobe ADEPT DRM for EPUB circumvented. This is about as simple as stripping DRM gets.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Sometimes publishers are DRM-free and distributors add DRM, but typically if one source of an ebook has DRM then so do all the other legitimate sources. I prefer WHSmith over Waterstones, but you still end up with a DRMed ePub. However, don't forget about Adobe ADEPT DRM for EPUB circumvented. This is about as simple as stripping DRM gets.
Thanks wallcraft... in my frustration yesterday I did find that post. However the scripts it points to (the pastbin ones) appear to no longer exist, hence my above post.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #4
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
mukoan, searching for Neal Asher on Inkmesh led to Shadow of the Scorpion available at Baen, who only sell DRM-free ebooks.
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Pan Macmillan, Neal's publishers in the UK (and also my own) sell all their ebooks on their website without drm. The only time they have drm is when it's at the insistence of third party resellers like Waterstones and WH Smiths.

Link here.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukoan View Post
However the scripts it points to (the pastbin ones) appear to no longer exist
You need ineptepub.pyw and ineptkey.pyw.

Yahoo is typically better at searching pastebin than Google.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #7
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige

thankyou one and all...