Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-31-2016, 05:31 PM   #1
sinluz
sinluz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app on iPad and PC
Transferring Kindle books from iPad to Caliber on a PC

I have almost 1,800 Kindle books on my iPad. I want to bulk copy them to the Calibre app on my PC but cannot seem to find a way to accomplish this. Anybody else have a solution?

Thanks!
sinluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 05:49 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I do not believe there is any way to do this unless you side-loaded them into the Kindle app (if you can even do that on an iPad) bypassing Amazon. I am assuming they were not side-loaded as if they were you would already have them available to load into Calibre.

The way to get Amazon Kindle books to a PC is to install the Kindle for PC software and then go to your Amazon account and mark them all to be downloaded to Kindle for PC. Then when you start up the Kindle For PC app they will be downloaded to the My Kindle folder in your PC's Documents folder. You can then add them to Calibre.

Before adding such books to Calibre you might want to install Apprentice Alf's Calibre plugin so that the copies in Calibre are DRM free.

Last edited by itimpi; 12-31-2016 at 05:52 PM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
+1 (especially the ALF part)

K for PC will show you a list/covers of books available on your account.

double clicking those downloads just those (a PULL vs the PUSH Itimpi outlined)

Books will be in the My Kindle content folder and WILL NOT have a clear title visible. Adding to Calibre will extract the proper title as part of the process.
I drag and Drop or copy to the Auto Add folder (you configured). COPY, not move from My Kindle Content

Normally, you only add (to Calibre) those WITH format extensions (AZW*, Mobi)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote