Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #1
hunkle
hunkle began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Question pdf to epub page count ?

hello
i'm having problem with converting pdf to epub, it's a novel.
after converting to epub, i put it on my kobo aura, i start reading and i turn the page, it's page 1, i turn again, it's page 1.
What settings do i need to apply to get normal page 1 , 2 , 3 ?
Thank you
hunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:01 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118605

There are no Pages in EPUB2. Text flows onto as many screens as needed.

Links (to Anchors) provide ways of arriving at destination.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2015, 08:26 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
And the page numbering shown is calculated when the book is opened. The algorithm used is described in https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/ADE#Page_numbers.

But, what it means is the number of screens used for each "page" changes depending on the formatting of a page and the font sized used. But, it is consistent across all Adobe RMSDK based ereaders for the same epub.

If you want one page per screen, you can convert the books to kepub. This uses a different ereader application and handles page counts differently. Each screen is a page no matter what the font size is.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote