Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Announcement

Good morning. I would like to take this opportunity to announce my candidacy for the President of the United States in 2004. I believe that the time is now to change history in a meaningful way.

Therefore, using the time travel technology developed by Marc, I am running on the Montsnmags Party ticket to take back the White House.

I believe, that by having studied both History and Dr Dan Streetmentioner's Time Traveler's Handbook of 1001 Tense Formations, we can overcome the lessons of the past and run a much dirtier and therefore more effective campaign than either of those "major" party candidates dis. We will/have/hlogup win.

Thank you. My website is open for contributions.

Last edited by pshrynk; 06-12-2008 at 08:42 AM. Reason: historical inaccuracy
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i will have voted for you of course using the parallel universe ballot (in which i vote in the United States elections). i will also have told all my friends and campaigned among all my acquaintances. i will even have worn a button, if you so desired, which is a significant thing since usually campaign buttons were not encompassed by my sense of what is aesthetic and stylie.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Congratulations and condolences on what may or may not be your acceptance and/or consession speech. I'm looking forward/backward to another four more/less/random years of the same or something new.

DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I hereby pledge 1,000,000 confederate dollars towards your campaign.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Your candidacy was will been such a good thing that I want to support it too.
So I want to follow Sir Edwards lead and offer to spend the current US$ value of 500000 Ostmark.

Last edited by tirsales; 06-11-2008 at 10:15 AM.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I hereby pledge 1,000,000 confederate dollars towards your campaign.
I, on the other hand, hereby pledge 1 billion Zimbabwean dollars to your fine upstanding cause.
May I take this opportunity to thank you, on behalf of the dis-united world, that you took this onerous task on. I once saw a photograph of the incumbents in the White House and, am sure, that I glimpsed you on the podium for a very wee flash of fore-time.
May I also thank you in advance of the past, that the world seemed, momentarily a much better place with you at the helm of the great ship "US" (bless all who sail away in her to better times, past, future or even the present, may it last more than a fraction of a fraction of a minute moment in fragmentary time).
May I also, on behalf of the known universe, thank you for the pledges you made when your acceptance speech was unveiled that far gone to come occasion that when you reached the conclusion we decided there were far better ways of putting your main facts down that would not worry those far distant planetary settlements that decided to look the other way at that time...

Who's the running mate, again?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Good morning. I would like to take this opportunity to announce my candidacy for the President of the United States in 2004. I believe that the time is now to change history in a meaningful way.

Therefore, using the time travel technology developed by Marc, I am running on the Montnmags Party ticket to take back the White House.

I believe, that by having studied both History and Dr Dan Streetmentioner's Time Traveler's Handbook of 1001 Tense Formations, we can overcome the lessons of the past and run a much dirtier and therefore more effective campaign than either of those "major" party candidates dis. We will/have/hlogup win.

Thank you. My website is open for contributions.
Can't you run in 2000?? That way the whole ugly Bush thingie would never have happened.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:31 AM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Can't you run in 2000?? That way the whole ugly Bush thingie would never have happened.
Paradox Alert!

Last edited by DixieGal; 06-11-2008 at 10:37 AM. Reason: At $4.25 a gallon, Pshrynk can't afford to go back 8 yrs on vacation this year needs to stay closer to home timeline.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #9
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I believe that, since I am doing a retrochronic campaign, that I should get my reelection out of the way before going for my first term.

I am currently vetting VP candidates, qualifications being mostly what he she it can do for me personally.

Last edited by pshrynk; 06-11-2008 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Secret service request.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #10
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
I believe that, since I am doing a retrochronic campaign, that I should get my reelection out of the way before going for my first term.
Sounds reasonable to me!
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:

I am currently vetting VP candidates, qualifications being mostly what he she it can do for me personally.
Oh yes .... sorry Mr. President, I hadn't looked at it from that perspective. Makes perfect sense now.

Still .... in my fondest dreams Bush and Cheney are both born in an alternate universe where I do NOT live.

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 06-11-2008 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Said something that upset another forum member
Old 06-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #12
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Paradox Alert!
What? pshrynk will be pshrynk's running mate. Or is/was that a different pair of docs?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
What? pshrynk will be pshrynk's running mate. Or is/was that a different pair of docs?
yes, this is not only a retro-chronic campaign but will also have been a ubiquitous ticket.

pshrynk, i would also like to pledge a million old francs to you, for all you're doing to retroactively supercede "the world as we know it today". thanks. we all will have appreciated it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!

Talk about confusing! Did you guys read/write what the polls would have shown? The double Pshrynk ticket is/was leading/losing and all one of the Superdelegates/Underdelegates are/are not endorsing them.

(I want/am to be/was Secretary of Paradoxical TimeSpeak!)
Old 06-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #15
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Why not?? I pledge the $250,000 dollars I lost in the tech crash ... that is if you don't mind going back and warning me to get the hell out in time.

Tags
unutterable silliness