Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Amazon's Daily Deals

I searched, but did not find a generic thread about this, so I am beginning one.

In case you didn't get an email about it, Amazon has brought back its ebook "Daily Deals." For today, at least, there are 30 ebooks priced $2.99 or less.

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=gbsl_tit...d_p=1696409702.

IMO, there are some good books among the selection. Here are some examples. I'm not a fiction guy, but I will try to list some good fiction books.
-Novels by Jeffrey Archer
-Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Habits. By Wayne W. Dyer [I notice that there is a Whispersync to this is; it is $3.99]
-Citizen Soldiers: The US Army from the Normandy Beaches to the Bulge to the Surrender of Germany. By Stephen E. Ambrose
-The Midwife of Hope River: A Novel of an American Midwife. By Patricia Harman
-The Golem and the Jinni (P.S.). By Helene Wecker
-The Making of the Atomic Bomb. By Richard Rhodes
-Reclaim My Heart. By Donna Fasano

Yes, I am aware that some of these might be from small publishers or even self-published.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Actually, the Kindle Daily Deals have never gone away. I check the page daily. :-)

It's not always a big block of books like today. Usually, they coffer 1 book each in 5 categories for around $1.99 but also have some slightly more expensive ebooks listed at the bottom of the page.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #3
Smartie
Addict
Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW,KOBO H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Actually, the Kindle Daily Deals have never gone away. I check the page daily. :-)

It's not always a big block of books like today. Usually, they coffer 1 book each in 5 categories for around $1.99 but also have some slightly more expensive ebooks listed at the bottom of the page.
Yes,I check it daily, but today is so many books,celebrate Canada day?
Smartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post

Thanks.

I was just taking Amazon's word for it--"popular deals are back, $2.99 or less on Kindle," (emphasis mine) on their "gold box" page at http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox. It's as plain as day.

Obviously, I haven't checked the page daily as you have or I would have known better. Still, shame on Amazon for their fib (or misleading statement, anyway)!

At any rate, maybe with a dedicated thread for Amazon's Daily Deals, I and others can post what we find that is of special interest or is an extra-good deal.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-28-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
What they mean by popular deals are back is that these books were all deals at one time or another in the past. It's only occasionally that the Gold Box is Kindle Deals, but there are always at least four books as daily deals each day in the US (& at some other country sites).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2014, 08:46 PM   #6
Piepan
Connoisseur
Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the middle of MN
Device: Kindle Fire HD6, Kindle Fire HD (Gen1), KT (original), KK, iPhone
Since the link hasn't been posted above yet, this is the page I check for the Kindle Daily Deals:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000677541
Piepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:05 PM   #7
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Okay, I goofed. I'm a big boy now, so I can fess up.

I knew about the "daily deals." I get emails about them all of the time; well, every day in fact.(ha) I genuinely thought that this was a different promotion. Amazon has so many book promotions that it is hard for me to keep them straight.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:29 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Okay, I goofed. I'm a big boy now, so I can fess up.

I knew about the "daily deals." I get emails about them all of the time; well, every day in fact.(ha) I genuinely thought that this was a different promotion. Amazon has so many book promotions that it is hard for me to keep them straight.
You probably just introduced a whole group of people to the daily deals who didn't know about them before. So its all good. :-)
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:57 PM   #9
Piepan
Connoisseur
Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Today's Kindle Daily Deals included Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere for $2.99 and then the audible whispersync-for-voice pairing (read by the author) is only $4.99 today as well.

The categories today are Romance, Sport, Sci-Fi, and Kids
Embrace the Night by Amanda Ashley
Wooden by John Wooden
Two books in the Galaxy Project series
Squiggle by B. B. Wurge

Last edited by Piepan; 06-30-2014 at 10:58 PM. Reason: ETA the link
Old 07-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #10
Piepan
Connoisseur

Today's Kindle Daily Deals offers the following:

Today only, get three books in the The In the Land of the Long White Cloud saga for $1.99 each.

The three books in that series are -
In the Land of the Long White Cloud (In the Land of the Long White Cloud Saga)
Song of the Spirits (In the Land of the Long White Cloud saga)
Call of the Kiwi (In the Land of the Long White Cloud saga)

(The Land of the Long White Cloud is New Zealand ;the Maori name for New Zealand, Aotearoa, means "long white cloud")

Then there are also books (1 per category) offered in the Romance, History, Science Fiction & Fantasy, and Kids Daily Deal categories.