Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-29-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
lowndes
lowndes began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Anyone download book samples before kindle arrived?

I'm scanning books that I may want to buy when my Kindle arrives. I was going to put them on my "wish list" but that option doesn't appear to be available on the kindle books. But there is a button for "send sample now".

Since I don't know my Kindle email address, and one will be assigned for me by Amazon, will my sample requests show up on my kindle when it arrives? Has anyone tried it?
lowndes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Has your Kindle already shipped? If so, then it has already been assigned to your account and you should be able to send samples to it. Try it and see.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #3
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowndes View Post
I'm scanning books that I may want to buy when my Kindle arrives. I was going to put them on my "wish list" but that option doesn't appear to be available on the kindle books. But there is a button for "send sample now".

Since I don't know my Kindle email address, and one will be assigned for me by Amazon, will my sample requests show up on my kindle when it arrives? Has anyone tried it?
When you get your Kindle you will register it (or it may already be registered). Then simply turn on the EVDO and the samples will download. You can hasten the process by clicking 'Check for New Items' on the Home screen. Or you can go to 'Content Manager' and manually download items which are labeled 'Amazon' (the word amazon will be in black under the item)

Your Kindle email address is only used when receiving items that you sent to be formatted, ie. you didn't purchase from amazon. Don't worry Uncle Jeff has done all the work (and taken your money). It's flawless and you can download as many free samples as you wish at no charge.

You can get your Kindle email address by going to 'manage your Kindle' on the Amazon site. It should show there if you are signed in under your account name associated with the Kindle.
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #4
cfw123
Enthusiast
cfw123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I ordered quite a few books before my Kindle arrived, including some samples as well. When my Kindle finally arrived, they were all there. No problem at all.

Charles Wilkes, San Jose, Calif.
cfw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
lowndes
lowndes began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw123 View Post
I ordered quite a few books before my Kindle arrived, including some samples as well. When my Kindle finally arrived, they were all there. No problem at all.

Charles Wilkes, San Jose, Calif.
That's great news. Thanks Charles
lowndes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert