Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #16
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Based on a comment on similar lines in anotehr thread, I ended up buying a case intended for Kindle (I already had one, but it had those elastic straps on the four corners, and whilst the case itself was solid enough, the fit was tight and i just didnt take to it). The case I'm sticking with (literally as it happens) has an adhesive on its inside back cover, so you stick your device to it and it will not move. its leather, with a magnetic lock. I dont mind that its not a sleep cover, I have one of those on my ipad and i dont like it, it only has to slip a bit in my bag and suddenly the ipad lights up and drains battery pretty fast.

Here it is and they also have a tan coloured one. I chose black.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #17
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
My Gecko Slimfit cover arrived today, and it's everything chromedome said. It's very sturdy, extremely sturdy, the magnets are in the right place for the sleep cover to work without flipping pages as some have had. It's a perfect fit like a glove, it doesn't really increase the size of the reader, just the thickness, and of course the weight.

I wish it had more of a matte finish to it, it's a shiny textured finish, but that's really being nitpicky. It's really well-made and I'm very happy with it.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #18
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I splashed out a bit and got a Oberon Designs case for my wife's Glo. The Kindle 4 appears to be the same size and the Glo so you can always look at Kindle 4 cases and see what is available. As for the Oberon covers, the are a fairly stiff leather but they also inset a piece of card into the cover that you can remove if you want. We removed the one on the back cover but left the front cover in place for the extra protection. Works a treat. I'm actually considering replacing the card with a stiff plastic if I can find something suitable.
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cases, communism, kobo glo, problem of evil, screen issues