Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
Kasracer
Kasracer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Magazines Formatted for eBook Readers?

Hi, I just received a Sony PRS-505 for Christmas and I am curious if there are any eBook formatted magazines out there? I would love to grab a copy of, say Business Week, PC World, or any other magazine and be able to archive it and read it on my reader.

If this isn't the correct place to post this then please move.

Thanks!
Kasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
look for the thread on web2lrf it's a sticky
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2007, 03:37 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you like SF or mystery magazines, Fictionwise have a good selection available in Sony format. You can buy either individual issues or yearly subscriptions. "Fantasy and Science Fiction", "Ellory Queen's Mystery Magazine", etc.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:22 AM   #4
bobbyco57
bobbyco57 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
There is a great open source program, libprs500. Here's the link: https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/

Among the features, this offers free content download, sony format, content from New York Times, Newsweek and The Economist, among others. The content is formatted perfectly for the 500 or 505. You will notice slower formatting and loading if you have a 505 but it works great.
bobbyco57 is offline   Reply With Quote