Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
vhonadijy
vhonadijy began at the beginning.

Device: entourage PE
Unhappy Help Cannot Download Google eBook on my PE!

Please help. I bought a book on Google ebook. On the "About This Book" pager is where I should see a button that says "Download to your device" which I did not see. The book shows "purchased" on my google account. Any idea will be appreciated please.
vhonadijy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
asnider123
Connoisseur
asnider123 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge Golden-Allmine-Ermine-rc3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhonadijy View Post
Please help. I bought a book on Google ebook. On the "About This Book" pager is where I should see a button that says "Download to your device" which I did not see. The book shows "purchased" on my google account. Any idea will be appreciated please.
Do you have access to the market? I downloaded the google books app, no probs. I started reading a free book on my PC, later I opened Google Book app on my PE, the book downloaded to my tablet automatically. Neat.

I upgraded to Ermine and Allmine .. have had no google probs at all.
asnider123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 01:34 AM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Can you download it to your computer and then email it or sidelaod it to your PE??
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #4
asnider123
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Can you download it to your computer and then email it or sidelaod it to your PE??
The android reader or books? Books .. no. Google books works on your PC in "live" mode, you just read the book online. Android Reader App .. I will see if I can email it to you. PM me with your email add and I will try after work today.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Sorry, I meant can you email it to yourself (from your PC to your PE). Didn't know Google books only let you view "live" on your PC. But it sounds like you have no problems, asnider!

vhonadijy, were you ever able to download your book?

Last edited by Filark; 01-30-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Oops! Had transposed letters! :o
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
asnider123
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Sorry, I meant can you eamil it to yourself (from your PC to your PE). Didn't know Google books only let you view "live" on your PC. But it sounds like you have no problems, asnider!

vhonadijy, were you ever able to download your book?
Vhonadijy .. did you get the google book app installed on your PE?

Filark .. I personally like the Android Kindle app better than the Google Book app. The Kindle app basically turns your PE into a Kindle Fire .. pretty cool. Also, there are literally 10s of thousands of classic books available for free from Gutenberg.org .. 38,000 to be precise. You can download them in epub format (for reading on the e-ink screen) or in Kindle format for reading on the color screen.

And, for bi-polar people, you can read two books at the same time, one on each screen LOL

Last edited by asnider123; 01-29-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #7
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
asnider123, why go to the trouble of downloading two versions of the same book, when just epub will do for both screens - if you use CoolReader3 on the LCD side?
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
asnider123
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
asnider123, why go to the trouble of downloading two versions of the same book, when just epub will do for both screens - if you use CoolReader3 on the LCD side?
Wow!! Thanks for the neat program... in sunlight the eink is much more readable but indoors the lcd is prettier
Old 02-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
vhonadijy

Thanks to all. I have been out in the woods of east Texas on assignment and all I had was dial-up which discouraged me from logging in. The short answer is no I have not fixed the problem I have been reluctant to update to the Ermine thing. having downloaded a purchased book last july with ease from google ebooks is why i went back. I'm not crazy about downloading first to my pc and then transfer to my PE. Seems to me that a dualtablet, however limited should be able to get certain things done without the help of a lpa or desk top
Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #10
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
@vhonadijy

Does Google ebooks use Adobe DRM? If so your PE needs to be registered with Adobe in order to have the permissions to access it.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #11
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
http://support.google.com/books/bin/...&answer=179863
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
vhonadijy

Re: Does Google ebook supports DRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
@vhonadijy

Does Google ebooks use Adobe DRM? If so your PE needs to be registered with Adobe in order to have the permissions to access it.
Google does use DRM. I downloaded a book from that site to my PE in July and it was a breeze.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #13
rixeta
Enthusiast
rixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheese

Device: Edge Entourage
http://www.gbooksdownloader.com/ ...ive been downloading books with it all the time ... hope it helps..
rixeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #14
manbass
Enthusiast
manbass began at the beginning.

Device: Full EE - Ice Blue and a Pocket Edge
vhonadijy - all you need is adobe digital editions...watch the video in post #11 above, link. This has been solved extensively in other similar threads!
manbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #15
vhonadijy

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbass View Post
vhonadijy - all you need is adobe digital editions...watch the video in post #11 above, link. This has been solved extensively in other similar threads!
Thanks. I've been to the site and watched the google lady a dozen times. I attempted downloading the ADE Installer and was told my "system does not meet minimum system requirements" to download ADE Installer.
That's where I am all confused. I downloaded without a problem in the past on this PE, FWIW.