Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #3571
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Skin Game release is...

[posted by me because Lea hasn't yet done it today]

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #3572
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Dresden Lives

Quoted from jim-butcher,com

Advert
Old 04-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #3573
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Old 04-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #3574
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
At first sight I thought Dresden Lives was an MMORPG set in the Dresden Files universe. I was so excited for a few seconds until I gave it a closer read.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #3575
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
At first sight I thought Dresden Lives was an MMORPG set in the Dresden Files universe.
It is. It just takes place in meatspace.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #3576
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Finished Small Favor this morning. I finally made the transition between Harry Dresden, Private Investigator and Harry Dresden, Warden. Now, a break for some days while I catch up with some book club selections. Reading in order, I'm also about 25% done with Side Jobs, but now I have a bunch of stories to read there. So much so, I think I'll try to find my place in the audiobook and listen from there. I think there is only one or two stories that get held until after book 11.

Oh, and how many days until Skin Game comes out? I have no idea. I haven't seen ANY postings about that. Not a one. (snark).

Last edited by Tarana; 04-19-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #3577
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Old 04-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #3578
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of D.D. Barant's "Bloodhound Files" series, where the sixth book closes some plotlines, opens a couple of others, and ends in a way that left me dying to see what came next...only to find out it was the end of the series. I was not happy...
Thanks for the heads up. I hate cliff-hanger endings in a book, never mind the last book in a series. Now I am wondering whether to read book 5

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #3579
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I was thinking about whether I have read any series that end in a sort of cliffhanger...oh, yes, Richelle Mead's Dark Swan series. I was desperately swiping my ereader, certain that there were more pages somewhere.

Anyone else have any?
Roland Green's Wandor series. My understanding is that it wasn't selling well enough so it wasn't a planned cliff hanger. On the other hand, it was my first experience with an abandoned series and given that I had spent my lunch money for the books, I was not in a forgiving mood. I still haven't bought another of his solo books.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #3580
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Old 04-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #3581
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Skin Game Release...

36 DAYS LEFT!!!
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #3582
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
36 DAYS LEFT!!!
Well, I started my complete reread this weekend.
Powered through "Storm Front" and "Fool Moon" on Friday, "Grave Peril" on Saturday and "Summer Knight" yesterday.
Gonna switch it up with Harry's voice in my ear with "Death Masks" in audiobook for a couple of days while at work, but I'll probably read at home and switch off between the two formats for the next few books.
I figure I'll have enough time to finish the series in 36 days.
I hope.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:58 PM   #3583
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool part of last Hollows book cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
The Witch with No Name (The Hollows #13) By Kim Harrison - release date 9/9/2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
That's going to be the final Hollows book, isn't it Alan? I seem to remember reading that somewhere...

Yep, book 13 is the last one!

Last edited by alansplace; 04-22-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #3584
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Old 04-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #3585
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Yep, book 13 is the last one!

Well, that's fast for the next book! I haven't even read The Undead Pool. $17.99, are you kidding me??? Waiting for a price drop.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy