Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #1
stacyj
stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: sony
The Flag Keeper Patriotic Children's Book

My children's picture book The Flag Keeper is now available for Kindle, Nook, Smashwords and other e-reader sites on sale for 99 cents. I wrote the story and my father illustrated it. The book has been endorsed by representatives from the national VFW and national American Legion Headquarters and has received a five star review from The Midwest Book Review. The book is also available in paperback, but I thought families with e-readers might enjoy an inexpensive alternative way to share the story with their children.

Elizabeth may be a little bear, but she treats the American flag with big respect. Elizabeth wakes up the American flag in the morning and puts it to bed at night. She acts as her father's "flag keeper," helping him with his daily tasks of raising the flag and retiring it for the evening. She soaks up the etiquette facts that Dad teaches her, including don't leave the flag out in the dark without a spotlight. When Dad leaves for a business trip, it frustrates Elizabeth that their flag will be stuck in a boring garage. Every flag she sees reminds her of her job as flag keeper, and Elizabeth grows determined to make her father proud.

This illustrated picture book is designed to teach children about U.S. flag etiquette through an educational fiction story. It includes discussion questions, flag facts, and an activity. The Flag Keeper is ideal for military families, Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops, classroom and library use, and for any parent or grandparent who wishes to teach a special child about American flag etiquette. It is a perfect complement to patriotic holidays such as Flag Day, the Fourth of July, Columbus Day and Veterans Day.

Here are a few endorsements:

“In my capacity with the Veterans of Foreign Wars, I see dozens of patriotic publications each year. The Flag Keeper is unique in its approach to younger children. While it deals with important and somewhat detailed information, it does so in a clear and simple way that children can understand and even personalize. Complex issues such as patriotism, personal responsibility, honor and faithfulness are presented easily, graphically and with a sweetness and gentleness that belies the weight of these issues. I would encourage all true patriots with children to purchase a copy to start their "little patriots" off on the right foot.” Steve Van Buskirk, Director of Programs, VFW National Headquarters.

“A wonderful story about Elizabeth, who through life's day-to-day adventures learns how to care for and display the flag. An excellent read!" Mike Buss, Deputy Director, Americanism, American Legion National Headquarters.

"I'd have to say go out and get this book if you have children. I think it's very important to teach these concepts and I give this book a Ten." Good Family Reads.

Buy links are at:
Amazon: http://amzn.to/lTiyJ1

B&N: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The...he+flag+keeper

More links at: http://stacyjuba.com/blog/books-2/ch...picture-books/
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
stacyj
stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: sony
A fun Fourth of July Read for Kids

The Flag Keeper is on sale for 99 cents for a few more weeks and was recently featured on Daily Cheap Reads Jr.

http://dailycheapreads.com/junior/2011/06/13/the-flag-keeper-flag-etiquette-for-pre-schoolers-young-children/

Check out the patriotic You Tube video here, set to the Stars and Stripes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LagmK...eature=channel
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
children's books, flags, holidays, nook color kids, patriotic