Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
michaelbr
Connoisseur
michaelbr began at the beginning.

Device: Android 12
TOC font size question

Sorry, I'm new to Sigil, I just read Sigil's manual, but couldn't find how/where to change the font size for headings. I tried to add TOC to my existing epub book, but after add the title to heading 1, the default font size is too big, how can I change the size/font of the headings so I can use it as default for all other books? I'm trying to set it as apps default so every time I open Sigil, it'll use that font/size for heading 1/2...

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.
Michael
michaelbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbr View Post
Sorry, I'm new to Sigil, I just read Sigil's manual, but couldn't find how/where to change the font size for headings. I tried to add TOC to my existing epub book, but after add the title to heading 1, the default font size is too big, how can I change the size/font of the headings so I can use it as default for all other books? I'm trying to set it as apps default so every time I open Sigil, it'll use that font/size for heading 1/2...

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.
Michael
You could make a style sheet entry to override the default heading sizes et al.
Code:
h1 {font-size: 24pt}
You can apply any valid attributes there. I prefer font-size: 200%
which is 200% of the body font
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
michaelbr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You could make a style sheet entry to override the default heading sizes et al.
Code:
h1 {font-size: 24pt}
You can apply any valid attributes there. I prefer font-size: 200%
which is 200% of the body font
Thanks theducks, this is what I did:
- after opening Sigil with no book, I went to left side, right clicked Styles > Add New Item then add your code into the right side style sheet, the problem is whenever I close Sigil, the change is gone, is there anyway that I can save the style into Sigil, so every time I open Sigil or a new book, it'll be there?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbr View Post
Thanks theducks, this is what I did:
- after opening Sigil with no book, I went to left side, right clicked Styles > Add New Item then add your code into the right side style sheet, the problem is whenever I close Sigil, the change is gone, is there anyway that I can save the style into Sigil, so every time I open Sigil or a new book, it'll be there?

Thanks
Not that I know.
Are you building "New" books with Sigil?
Options:
1)Just make a "Plain text" type file with Notepad (or favorite programmers editor) with your standard CSS stuff. Save as/rename to: Myfilename.css
add that for every new book. (The problem with this, is you always need to make the Link entry on the files in Text/files.xhtml)

2) Find a book with a Stylesheet (and/ Page layout) you like.
SAVE AS "MyNewBook"
Now remove all the Duplicates of "Types of pages". So you have 1 of Each: Title-page,Copyright: Prologue ...
Carefully trim down the words, leaving just enough to keep the tags in place (CV) A lot of work).

I just keep "Snippets of CSS and code blocke in a seperate file that I view with Notepad++ and copy and paste into Sigil, as needed
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Another way, is to create the css in a new epub, with a link in the first html, then save as template.epub, then when you want to, load in and 'save as' filename.epub (or copy file as newfilename.epub, then open in sigil).
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 07:03 AM   #6
michaelbr
Connoisseur

Thanks all for your reply and suggestion, I'll do just as suggested.

Michael