Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
The MR Book, Film, and Chowder Society is now taking suggestions for the next movie!

This month's movie need to be a non-comedy, as we did a comedy last time. So send to picks, quips, and choices to the end of this thread.....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
ooh !! oooh !!! THE THIN MAN !!!! i nominate that one !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

(okay, it's funny. but times are hard, it'll do us good. and it's technically a mystery, so it should count as a different genre. )
Old 05-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Brief Encounter

Last edited by Sparrow; 05-07-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I still haven't watched Topper, or finished reading the book yet! (Okay, so I've seen Topper before, so technically it's a lie).

I'm going to second Zelda's suggestion, because the Thin Man, despite it's comedic overtones, is a cracking mystery also, plus it's a damn fine book too and everybody should read at least a little Hammett once
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I still haven't watched Topper, or finished reading the book yet! (Okay, so I've seen Topper before, so technically it's a lie).

I'm going to second Zelda's suggestion, because the Thin Man, despite it's comedic overtones, is a cracking mystery also, plus it's a damn fine book too and everybody should read at least a little Hammett once
yay !!!!

i mean, "absolutely right !" (especially about hammett. and that book IS a damn fine book !!!!)
Old 05-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

(but you should really get going on topper, sheesh ! and don't tell me about that wedding again, that excuse can only go so far. )
Old 05-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #8
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
ooh !! oooh !!! THE THIN MAN !!!! i nominate that one !!
I LOVE The Thin Man! I bought my husband the boxed set for his birthday. Those movies never get old!

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I LOVE The Thin Man! I bought my husband the boxed set for his birthday. Those movies never get old!

Kaz
excellent gift !!! i bought myself the boxed set for my own birthday. may i compliment your impeccable taste, madame.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #10
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
excellent gift !!! i bought myself the boxed set for my own birthday. may i compliment your impeccable taste, madame.
Yes, you may! As I have always said, "Great minds think alike!"

I love the sophistication portrayed in the movies. I know it's Hollywood and everything, but I've often wondered if people really dressed and talked that way. It's kind of a shame we've (or at least the people I know) have become so casual in the way we live.

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #11
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:

I love the sophistication portrayed in the movies. I know it's Hollywood and everything, but I've often wondered if people really dressed and talked that way. It's kind of a shame we've (or at least the people I know) have become so casual in the way we live.

Kaz
I still wear a Trilby hat, although not in polite company
Old 05-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:

Kaz
i wholeheartedly agree. and i think people *were* more elegant then. although they were really at the epitome of class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I still wear a Trilby hat, although not in polite company
so do i sometimes, especially in polite company.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I haven't seen "Thin Man" nor "Brief Encounter". Are these movies PD and do they have available free ebooks for the Sony?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #14
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I haven't seen "Thin Man" nor "Brief Encounter". Are these movies PD and do they have available free ebooks for the Sony?
Afraid not, on both counts Of course....no, forget I ever mentioned it
Old 05-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #15
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post

Neither the books or the movies are PD...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote