Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
larka
larka began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Edge-specific Wiki is setup and ready to go

I finally set up a frame for the Edge-dedicated Wiki on my website
http://www.landviser.biz/wkedge/index.php/Main_Page

I only posted a few pages (copied Welcome Basket post with credit to Borisb, f.e). The main page also contains links to this forum and Entourage forum archieve, also posted here. All the pages in red a just placeholders, fill free to start writing and editing!

Also I purchased a domain www.entourageedge.org which redirects to that Wiki site now.

I am learning, so design is pretty basic, comment on what features we might want on that Wiki and I will try to accomodate it.
larka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Wow. Nice start to what looks like will be a potentially valuable resource for Edge owners. Thanks for your hard work on this.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Cool, I'll try to put up some content either tonight or tomorrow... Thanks for making this.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:02 AM   #4
Sjarrel
The Trying Dutchman
Sjarrel began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
Thumbs up

Whauw, very nice start. Thanks for your work. Hope this will be more successful than the company itself.
Sjarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:12 AM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thank you, Larka! Especially cool that you were able to get the domain name! I think I'll link it here, just for fun: www.entourageedge.org. My fingers fly to the right letters, until I get to the .org part.

It looks really great. Had no time to read it earlier, but I did correct one typo, lol! That's gonna be my big contribution!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
Qwill
Enthusiast
Qwill began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Thank you Larka,
That will be very handy to compile all the invaluable stuff we had discovered with the (Pocket) eDGe!

I went through the forum archive, the mobilerad forum, and am very amazed by the sum of knowledge we have been able to discover as a community. Have you ever relalized how we were able to enhance the eDGes from the basic info provided by the company to what we are able to do now ? (almost a full fonctional android device, with market access and google apps working).
We even started to get our hand on the hardware side of the beast !

Qwill
Qwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
larka
larka began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Thanks for nice comments and especially to emusan and David for putting tech specs for devices on wiki. I think we definetely can do better then a company in improving and supporting those devices. LOL. And since no support will be provided from the company, we need to support ourselves. There is a lot of knowledge accumulated in the forums, we just need to get it organized! Essentially it is perfect setting to learn Android and e-ink hardware and software - innovative hardware format, open-source platform, relatively low-cost and plenty of devices still for sale, company out of business = free ticket to void warranty.
I will not be able to work on wiki untill weekend, but can put up more then.
larka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Best of luck with your project, but I would sound one note of caution, and that's please be aware of the copyright issues involved in such a project; you can't copy forum posts and include them in your wiki without the authors' permission.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Best of luck with your project, but I would sound one note of caution, and that's please be aware of the copyright issues involved in such a project; you can't copy forum posts and include them in your wiki without the authors' permission.
Yes, I was only planning on putting up my own guides as well as some new content...

EDIT: lol been awhile since I last edited a wiki, gotta remember all the format marks...

EDIT 2: I just added the android apps page, I put in some apps that I have on my PE, but feel free to add a lot more. Also if anyone wants to change to formatting for the table they can do so, I just wanted to get the page up first.

Last edited by emusan; 06-09-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #10
janhall_us
Enthusiast
janhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle2, Pocket eDGe, (full-size) eDGe, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by larka View Post
... especially to emusan and David for putting tech specs for devices on wiki.
Not that it matters, but it was actually me who put the tech specs up.
janhall_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #11
paula-t
paula-t began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
HARRY! What a dazzling dalek!

I regret you are a dalek and not the Doctor. (You could repair our Edges with your sonic screwdriver... now that there is no support...)

(EDIT: My daughter here looks at your avatar and says "Agh, mother, THAT is not a dalek". Is it or not? Looks like First or Second Edition...)

Last edited by paula-t; 06-10-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: New information...
paula-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #12
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by janhall_us View Post
Not that it matters, but it was actually me who put the tech specs up.
lol yeah, was gonna say, I hadn't really put anything up at that point...
Old 06-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula-t View Post
(EDIT: My daughter here looks at your avatar and says "Agh, mother, THAT is not a dalek". Is it or not? Looks like First or Second Edition...)
Of course it's a Dalek .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #14
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
I note a couple of mistakes in the EE specifications. There is no video output hdmi or otherwise and the screen sizes are a bit off, at least with the mm - LCD= 221 x 134 mm, e-ink= 203 x 146 mm.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf enTourage eDGe fact sheet.pdf (989.4 KB, 245 views)
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote