Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #316
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
I didn't buy anything again!

I read Play with Me and Rock with Me by Kristen Proby - both pretty standard contemporary indie romances, but don't read them back to back!
Nix, you're doing so well! Question, why not read the KP back to back? They are high up on my TBR list so just curious.

Even with the last of the Kobo sale, I stayed under budget! I'm very proud of myself.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 10 13.PNG
Views:	311
Size:	669.0 KB
ID:	113251
Book Buys this week: 10 books, $15
Claimed [Club Sin] – Stacey Kennedy
Driven – K. Bromberg
Dazzled – Jane Harvey-Berrick
Finding You – S.K. Hartley
Seize Me – Crystal Spears
Wish I May [New Hope 2] – Lexi Ryan
Sarah Mine – Riann Colton
The Bridge - Rebecca Rogers Maher
Saving Dallas – Kim Jones
Tattered Love – Lola Stark

Books Read this week and my rating:
Price of a Kiss – Linda Kage = 4
Worth the Fight – Vi Keeland = 4
Faster We Burn – Chelsea M. Cameron = 4
The Education of Sebastian – Jane Harvey-Berrick = 3.5
The Education of Caroline – Jane Harvey-Berrick = 4
Torn – K.A. Robinson = 2
Undeniable – Madeline Sheehan = 4
I love it when most of the books I read in a week are totally worth it!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #317
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Only 2 books for me this week for a total of $6.99

Read
The Last Hour of Gann - R. Lee Smith - 5
Wild Highland Magic - Kendra Leigh Castle - 3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10-13.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	113253  
Advert
Old 10-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #318
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
There's a free full-length Harlequin Kiss for pre-order (10-15) on Kindle.
Edit: also free on Kobo

The Girl Least Likely to Marry by Amy Andrews

Quote:
Talk nerdy to me

Samuel Tucker is absolutely the last person scientist Cassie Barclay would ever date. Yes, he's gorgeous, but he's also far too cocky for his own good and thinks that Pi is a tasty afternoon treat. So when he asks her to dance at her friend Reese's non-wedding she's wondering why on earth she says yes!

Tuck is used to people assuming he's all brawn and no brain, and amuses himself by winding Cassie up. But when he finally takes her to bed, suddenly it's Tuck who can show Cassie a thing or two! Can he convince her that love and sex have nothing to do with logic and everything to do with chemistry?

Last edited by apesmom; 10-13-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #319
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Free at amazon (may be repeats for some):

Lori Copeland - Christmas Vows $5.00 Extra [Inspirational] Print Length: 144 pages

Barbara Bretton - Somewhere in Time
(The Crosse Harbor Time Travel Trilogy 01) [Time Travel] DRM no

Courtney Milan - The Governess Affair [Historical Romance]
(Brothers Sinister prequel novella) DRM no

Annette Blair - Sea Scoundrel (Knave of Hearts 01) [Historical Romance]

indie perma free, I think

H.P. Mallory - Fire Burn And Cauldron Bubble
(Jolie Wilkins) [Paranormal Romance]

H.P. Mallory - To Kill A Warlock (adult series)
(Dulcie O'Neil)[Urban Fantasy Paranormal Romance]

Has anyone read any of these?
Old 10-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #320
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
I've read The Governess Affair. Three times.
Advert
Old 10-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #321
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Hi, all......

First I have a question re these subscription sights; SCRIBD, Crimson. How do they work? If you subscribe, Are you allowed to download the books to your PC/Lap Top. If so, can you keep the books you download? Or do they disappear if you drop your subscription?

This weeks purchases:
1).Kobo - BBW Romance Boxed Set (10 bks) - $1.59
2) Kobo - Rock Star Romance Boxed Set (12 bks) - .52
3) BN - Pull - Rachel Van Dyken - 1.06
4).BN - Shatter - Rachel Van Dyken - 1.06

Read:
The Wager - Rachel Van Dyken - 5.0 (Awesome series!)
Wild Heat - Bella Andre - 5.0
Tear - Rachel Van Dyken - 5.0 (Great series, I am hooked on these New Adult Romances)
Pull - Rachel Van Dyken - 5.0
Shatter - Rachel Van Dyken 5.0 ( Can't wait forEbook #4 Fall to come out.)

Current read - Possession by J. R. Ward.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #322
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
God I would love to participate in this but my Dad's 80th Birthday is tomorrow and I will be knee deep in relatives coming to celebrate his milestone birthday. Good Luck Loosheesh and if there is ever another sign-up please post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I agree! Please post.

Auntykatkat

I hope you and your father have a great day.
It's done twice a year, and the next one is in April 2014. I'll be sure to remind you guys then

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I just finished it after starting the sample last Sunday night. Whew! It is veeeery long, according to Mantano page numbering it is 1060 pages long (an average romance book is usually around 260ish so this is equal to 4 books). It was $6.50 well spent (or 4 x $1.62 if you're having trouble justifying $6.50 ).

As long as it is, I never grew bored with it, in fact if it kept going I'd still be happily reading. I give it one of my rarely awarded 5 stars.
Omigosh, it is humongous, but so good! With the help of yesterday's readathon and some reading today, I'm now at the 60% mark. It is the only book I bought in the past week and totally worth what I paid for it.

For the past week I read:

Detained by Ainslie Paton - 3.5 stars
A Woman's Worth by Chicki Brown - 3.5 stars
What Happened at Midnight by Courtney Milan - 3.5 stars (Good but, for some reason, I wasn't really feeling it)
Old 10-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #323
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I've read The Governess Affair. Three times.
Thanks! I will put that in my TBR folder.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #324
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
Hi, all......

First I have a question re these subscription sights; SCRIBD, Crimson. How do they work? If you subscribe, Are you allowed to download the books to your PC/Lap Top. If so, can you keep the books you download? Or do they disappear if you drop your subscription?
Crimson Romance is DRM Free and you download either epub/mobi or both and they are yours to keep forever. Just makes sure you backup them up because you can't redownload them if you are not a member. You can download all titles they have. No limits.

SCRIBD works through either your browser or app on your Tablet/Phone. Think of it as streaming for books. You need internet access and there is no download. There is nothing to keep. This service works best with a good tablet.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-13-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #325
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
There's a free full-length Harlequin Kiss for pre-order (10-15) on Kindle.
Edit: also free on Kobo

The Girl Least Likely to Marry by Amy Andrews
I love geeky heroines and I had this on my wish list.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #326
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Free on ARe:

Nor Iron Bars a Cage, by Kaje Harper

ePub, Adobe Acrobat and Mobipocket. DRM-free
For what it's worth, this is as much a fantasy story as a (m/m) romance, and a good fantasy too.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #327
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
I haven't read her paranormals, but I did read her "Noble" light-hearted Regency series and cracked up through it! Very excited to see there's a fourth book upcoming, when I looked it up just now.
I find her hit or miss but when she hits it she is really really on.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #328
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Well as some of you may know, I'm a newb to the Romance Genre, but i thought this looked interesting and figured I'd share.

She Belongs To Me [K] by Carmen DeSousa $0.00

Quote:
A passionate romantic-suspense of love, betrayal, and obsession, She Belongs to Me will have you falling in love and wondering if you can trust anyone right up to the last page.

After secrets and a mysterious background leave a wife's life hanging by a thread, a husband must look for answers in the only place he knows--the past.

When wealthy construction company owner and Charlotte detective, Jordan Monroe, meets Jaynee for the first time he is awestruck and determines to make her his wife. Jaynee, however, has a history she cannot easily overcome and is fearful to submit to love. Jordan succeeds in making her his wife, but five years into their marriage, he realizes she is keeping secrets. Before he can decipher her duplicity, he discovers her unconscious in their home from a gunshot wound only hours after giving her an ultimatum concerning their relationship.

With Jaynee's life hanging in the balance, the mystery of her past drives Jordan to investigate. But what appears to be an attempted suicide turns out to be something far darker. Is someone from her past stalking her? Or worse, is someone close to Jordan trying to kill them both? As Jordan edges closer to the truth, it may be deadlier than he could ever have imagined.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #329
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Nix, you're doing so well! Question, why not read the KP back to back? They are high up on my TBR list so just curious.

Books Read this week and my rating:
Worth the Fight – Vi Keeland = 4
The only reason I'm doing so well is that we bought a new house, so I'm spending my monthly budget on house stuff instead!

I love the With Me in Seattle series, but I found the females to be quite similar (even down to a specific phrase they all often use). but I read 3 & 4 back to back and so really noticed a lot of similarities in scenarios and certain (non-family) character traits. They just didn't feel different enough reading them so close together.

And wow you read a lot! I'm totally moving Worth the Fight up the TBR!
Old 10-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #330
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
I was much better this week! Only 15 for a total of 23.35

Purchased:
  • Hot Pursuit - Harris, Lynn Raye
  • Burn - Banks, Maya
  • Rush - Banks, Maya
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human - Reid, Penny
  • Beguiled Again - Burroughs, Patricia
  • Claimed - Kennedy, Stacey
  • Tempt Me, Cowboy - Crane, Meghan
  • Marry Me, Cowboy - Darcy, Lilian
  • Seducing Mr. Right - Robert, Katee