Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-14-2018, 01:38 PM   #1
evrenyeni
evrenyeni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd Gen
How to locate the converted pdf sent to kindle

I send .mobi e-books to my Kindle Paperwhite, my device receives the e-book and I can locate this e-book's file via my computer by connecting the USB cable to the device and look at the documents folder.

When I send a .pdf (with convert option or not) to my Kindle, the device receives it and it is completely readable. On the other hand, I can not find this .pdf or its converted e-book version in the documents folder of the device. There is no file related to the file I sent.

I know it is in somewhere inside the kindle because I can read it offline but can not figure it out how to locate it.

Does anyone know how to locate send to kindle .pdf (converted or not) documents in the Kindles storage?
evrenyeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by evrenyeni View Post
When I send a .pdf (with convert option or not) to my Kindle, the device receives it and it is completely readable. On the other hand, I can not find this .pdf or its converted e-book version in the documents folder of the device. There is no file related to the file I sent.
My converted PDF file (AZW3) is in my documents folder. I've only done this once, but it's there. It's not in its own directory (folder) — it's just in the main documents directory.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2018, 02:59 AM   #3
evrenyeni
evrenyeni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd Gen
After a few tries, I have noticed that my MacBook does not show the file I am looking for (also the folders related to it) but on my Windows PC, I can see the exact file! Very interesting issue. I do not know why this happens but anyway, the problem was solved.
evrenyeni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion from .pdf, file access, send to kindle