Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-26-2018, 01:53 PM   #1
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Looking for e-Ink Device 9"+ compatible with PDF & Safari Queue

Hi,

I'm considering upgrading from my Kobo Aura ONE. I need a device with decent DPI, recent android version (for Safari Queue) and that's available in Europe.

So far I've looked at the Onyx Note S but the resolution is way too low. The Boox Note 10.3" looks okay and the Max 2 would be great (albeit very expensive).

Are there other devices out there that might fit this criteria that are available in Europe? And if not, are there any sub $300 devices that might fulfill these needs? (less than $300 because imports are always a gamble without warranty)
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:04 AM   #2
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
There are Onyx Note Lite, same as Note but no Wacom layer and a bit cheaper, and Boyue likebook Note with older Android but has frontlight... Nowadays all big readers are expensive.
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2018, 04:54 PM   #3
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
There are Onyx Note Lite, same as Note but no Wacom layer and a bit cheaper, and Boyue likebook Note with older Android but has frontlight... Nowadays all big readers are expensive.
I don't really mind the prices if I can buy locally where I can claim warranty, but it seems Onyx is the only game in town in that case.

No distributors of Boyue
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote