Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2014, 05:27 AM   #1
jread
jread began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Question T1 - Can not change Firmware (downgrade) nor root, settings not persistant

Hello,

I have an Sony PRS T1. I had it rooted because of one reason: I want to simply access the data on the SD card in an explorer style. I hate to be forced to use this pre-installed library thingy from Sony (same for other devices).
But decided to go back to the original Firmware because I consider it more stable.
I manged somehow to do this (don't ask my why, I don't remember). The problem was, that the settings could not be stored anymore.

What do I mean with 'Settings'? When the reader starts, it asks for language, location and date/time.

As long as I use the device everything is fine - until I reboot it. Than again it asks for the same stuff. It does not remember my previous data. This happens over and over again.

To solve the issue I tried to update the firmware. This time I used the latest version 1.0.07.05070. I used that windows executable to update the device - and it worked. The device shows now the version 1.0.07.05070. But it did not solve the problem of persistent settings.

Moreover I'm not able to downgrade the to an older version. Neither by using the windows executable (it simply says it is up to date because a newer version is found), nor by using the batch file to copy data onto the reader and restart, nor by simply copy the update.package file manually and reboot it (home+menu button pressed).
It tells me that it is updating.... but it does nothing. I always and up with the latest firmware.

At the moment I'm desperately stuck. I wouldn't care with which firmware I end up, rooted or not. All I want is to have the device working without having to do the settings every time the device boots.

I'm open to suggestions on how to achieve this.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!!!

J
jread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Firstly you could have plugged it into your pc and used windoze explorer to look at your sd/internal memory the way you want without rooting .. as your deevice is rooted it really is impossible to address the problem ... but seriously how often are you re-booting?... I recycle the power on my T1 after a charge just to keep it healthy which is at most twice a week if you are having to reset so often that re-entering the settings is a problem then you probably have more serious issues .... obviously your settings are not being saved .. it will need a a linux/android expert to sort... the T1 has been reported to loose DRM authorization after a re-boot as well so it's not an unknown problem...
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #3
jread
jread began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thumbs down Of no use

Thanks bla for the reply. But your post was of zero use. As I have written the device is not rooted anymore so I can not do anything at the moment - that's the problem.
I also did not ask for advices if I often need to reboot the device or not. I want to get back a proper state to use it - dot -
So looking still forward for serious help and tips how to approach the problem!
jread is offline   Reply With Quote