Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #226
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
That would still presumably require support in SkipStone itself, which again means someone willing to actually hack on the code rather than just compile it.
Currently, SkipStone has no capacity to hide the menubar at all.

Anyway, that dives into a messy tangle of "do we scroll the page or open the menubar?"
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:50 PM   #227
Yourcat
Groupie
Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.

Device: PW3 5.6.5-usbnet
Not really. At the top of the page scrolling further upwards (swipe down) can not scroll the page. So the AI may assume that $user wants to access the menu bar.
Of course this may interference with web pages which use the scroll event.
Yourcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2017, 11:57 AM   #228
tejasvi88
tejasvi88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle basic 8th Gen
I don't know why but I can't download any files. As I press OK, the download prompt just goes away without downloading.
One more thing, on download page what is patch, how to install it?
Maybe that can fix my problem which happened when one build of KOreader worked while other didn't.
Does latest GitHub build works?

Last edited by tejasvi88; 10-22-2017 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Added Ques.
tejasvi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:06 PM   #229
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasvi88 View Post
I don't know why but I can't download any files. As I press OK, the download prompt just goes away without downloading.
Maybe that can fix my problem which happened when one build of KOreader worked while other didn't.
You are trying to use an application on a device that did not exist five years ago and running a firmware version even more different than what it was last tested on.
You think maybe that has something to do with your problems?

Check the time and dates of whatever is at the 'head' of the github repository.
Reading other things, like "issues", "changes", "commit logs" (any and everything readable) should give you a good idea of what its status is.
(Yes, I could do that also, I haven't, I don't need to run this application.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:17 AM   #230
theol0403
Enthusiast
theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle PW3
Old Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasvi88 View Post
I was having the same issue. There is a problem with the downloader. If you replace the downloader (in the skipstone bin folder - skipdownload) with a script containing something like:

Code:
echo $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6|tee output.log
and try to download something, it will create a file named output.log that contains the parameters passed from skipstone. If you try to run the command yourself in ssh, it gives you an error of wrong syntax for wget. This is because one of the commands that worked on the older kindles is now obsolete. Or maybe I forget and it simply is missing a lib file. Anyways, there is your issue, you can make a script that interprets the command and uses curl instead, or the built in wget.
theol0403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #231
tejasvi88
tejasvi88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle basic 8th Gen
Thanks for your help,
but I don't know about this language stuff too much. I'm just a schoolboy.
tejasvi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:59 PM   #232
Unclassified
Unclassified began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite v1
I'm Pretty sure i am super late, but does anyone still own the download, the download for some reason was taken down
Unclassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:45 PM   #233
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclassified View Post
I'm Pretty sure i am super late, but does anyone still own the download, the download for some reason was taken down
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...96&postcount=4
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #234
Unclassified
Unclassified began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite v1
Thanks for the skipstone browser, i was wondering what happened to it

Last edited by Unclassified; 10-17-2018 at 03:42 PM.
Unclassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:27 PM   #235
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast
HoanPiTa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3
I cant use skipstone download on my kindle ppw3 5.9.6.1. Anyone can help me please? It is a great browser

Gửi từ COL-L29 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
HoanPiTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:38 PM   #236
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoanPiTa View Post
I cant use skipstone download on my kindle ppw3 5.9.6.1. Anyone can help me please? It is a great browser

Two posts above yours.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:39 PM   #237
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast

Anyone can continue supporting this browser ? it really amazing that we can download ebook without connect to PC. but now download function does not working properly. it show download window but it doesnt work
Old 07-18-2019, 10:44 PM   #238
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Two posts above yours.
i see your post but i see it still doesn't work bro. Is there anything wrong? The window download show but it doesnt work. i cant find any file
Old 07-19-2019, 12:04 AM   #239
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast

Can you suggest me a browser can download bro? Thank you. I have tried Weblaunch but it error, cant open it

Old 07-19-2019, 12:53 AM   #240
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoanPiTa View Post
i see your post but i see it still doesn't work bro. Is there anything wrong? The window download show but it doesnt work. i cant find any file
Note the date of this thread.
Take note of:
http://www.muhri.net/skipstone/page.php3?node=news

Translation:
baf's 2012 build of skipstone was already 4 years more recent than the newest version.
I don't think you can improve on the current skipstone build.

There are other open source browsers, ask google what to use.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, gui lanucher, kindle, launcher add-ons, touch