Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-05-2023, 05:20 AM   #1
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Keyboard Litigation

Anyone else get an email on keyboard litigation for MacBooks purchased between 2015 and 2019. Email notes problems with butterfly keyboard. I don't know why I got it, unless Apple provided a list of user ids that had that model keyboard. I don't have anything in that range so I don't know why I got it, maybe because at one time my apple id was on a work computer in that range.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:04 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
TBH it sounds like a phishing thing to me. Normally you would get a snail mail for any real litigation.

But you might check at a Mac forum such as the one forums.macrumors.com

https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/macbook-pro.90/
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2023, 04:42 AM   #3
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yea, I found it suspicious too, hence I asked.
Old 01-06-2023, 05:43 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As it happens I got one this morning!

It was sent to an email address I used exactly one time, to apply for a job at Apple, one of those gmail '+' aliases. So it's only associated with an AppleID (which I've never used to register a device). So now I think it is legit (i.e., Apple had to give a list of AppleID email addresses to the litigant), or else Apple has had a massive data breach.

Apple would not have street or mail addresses in general for customers, so the only point of contact is email.

I have not yet gotten one for my actual AppleID email. And I've never owned a device with butterfly keyboard, so I will not become a millionaire as a result of the lawsuit.

Last edited by tomsem; 01-06-2023 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-07-2023, 04:08 AM   #5
drofgnal
Wizard

I don't own a device with that keyboard, my wife's laptop is a 2020 M1 air. I do have a work laptop with intel from around the time in question that I used my apple ID on. Strange. I'll ask the computer support guy at work who is an apple aficionado and report back.
Advert
Old 01-07-2023, 09:17 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
I don't own a device with that keyboard, my wife's laptop is a 2020 M1 air. I do have a work laptop with intel from around the time in question that I used my apple ID on. Strange. I'll ask the computer support guy at work who is an apple aficionado and report back.
Yes, I had a work laptop with butterfly keyboard, using my Apple ID, but that doesn't count for litigation. And I never had any problems with it.
Old 01-10-2023, 02:24 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This article may be helpful:

https://9to5mac.com/2023/01/09/macbo...ment-eligible/
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote