Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Doctor Who made me cry. :(

I just watched "The End of Time" with tears. I don't want a new Doctor.

Even though I watched this show when I was a kid on the local Public Broadcast Stations, I really didn't get into it until the series was brought back. David Tennant will always be my Doctor just as William Shatner will always be the Captain of the Enterprise in my eyes.

I'm sad to see him go.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post

Even though I watched this show when I was a kid on the local Public Broadcast Stations, I really didn't get into it until the series was brought back. David Tennant will always be my Doctor just as William Shatner will always be the Captain of the Enterprise in my eyes.

I'm sad to see him go.
knew there was a reason I liked you......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post

I'm sad to see him go.
Couldn't agree more daffy. David Tennant has been the man who's really re-popularised Dr Who (along with some great writers, directors and supporting actors to be fair). Best Dr Who since Tom Baker.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #4
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
I was upset when Christopher Eccleston left - David Tennant, you've got to be kidding me!!!!!

Fast forward 4-ish years, and, like you, I was in tears Sunday night. Christopher who??

I hope Matt Smith has me saying "David who?" soon (although, since David is my hubby's name, I'd better remember it!!)

I asked Santa for this for Christmas - he didn't deliver, I guess I'll have to pick it up for myself!

tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post

I like it!
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
I was upset when Christopher Eccleston left - David Tennant, you've got to be kidding me!!!!!

Fast forward 4-ish years, and, like you, I was in tears Sunday night. Christopher who??

I hope Matt Smith has me saying "David who?" soon (although, since David is my hubby's name, I'd better remember it!!)
i cried when christopher eccleston left too. but now i'm so attached to tennant i'm not sure i can bring myself to watch his last episodes.

Quote:
I asked Santa for this for Christmas - he didn't deliver, I guess I'll have to pick it up for myself!

i think i want that t-shirt too.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
oh, but i saw the trailer for the new series, and i have to say, the new logo is excellent. so i guess there's that.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #8
Bob T
Enthusiast
Bob T began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:

I want one also...link to buy please....

My first Doctor was Tom Baker...
Bob T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob T View Post
I want one also...link to buy please....

My first Doctor was Tom Baker...
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/womens/bdda/

(If you click on the picture,it takes you right to the site!)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #10
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
The image is linked directly to the shirt now. If you'd rather tempt yourself with all sort of other DW things,
it's from Think Geek.

I linked to the ladies' shirt - there's also a mens/unisex. I think the ladies' fits very, very small (by past experience)
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #11
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
I learned a long time ago that the Doctor has to change. It's good for the vibrancy of the series over all. The loss of Tom Baker when I was a kid was a cruel shock, but I gradually learned the lesson. As, for the new series, I still pine a little for Chris Eccleston.

David Tennant was magnificent though. Best of luck to him, and long live the new Doctor, may he serve well.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #12
Bob T
Enthusiast

Thank you both....
I need one and so will my sister...(we watched together for years)....
Old 01-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falbe Publishing View Post
I learned a long time ago that the Doctor has to change.
Wandering off topic ever so slightly, I once saw a bumper sticker that said either "James Bond is a timelord" or "007 is a timelord"
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:09 PM   #14
Bob T
Enthusiast

My Lord...they have Sonic Screwdrivers!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Wandering off topic ever so slightly, I once saw a bumper sticker that said either "James Bond is a timelord" or "007 is a timelord"
Well, since Timothy Dalton is in the episode, I guess it's true.