Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #16
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Rob,

I read your book and second the reviewer you quoted!

I loved the satire and humorous dialogue - it was a great read.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #17
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm about half way through and can enthusiastically recommend this book! The double double crossings are hilarious to follow!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #18
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Bought the eBook too, starting to read it right now, looks promising

Edit : On Chapter Eleven right now. I can honestly say, best $2 I ever spent on a book, love it

Last edited by Squirsier; 11-27-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #19
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
Bought your book on the recommendations from here.
Very Funny, hope you keep going.
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #20
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I just finished it and was so impressed that I wrote my first Amazon review! I loved the Divine Cameo! great book.

So when's your next one coming out?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:51 AM   #21
robkroese
robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Thanks, everybody! Glad everybody seems to be enjoying Mercury Falls. I'm working on another book, but it's going to be a little different -- think John Hodgman meets David Sedaris. I'll get to a sequel eventually.
robkroese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #22
robkroese
robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.robkroese can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

By the way, this is the last day of the Mercury Falls charity sale. For each digital copy sold at $1.99, I will donate $1 to charity. Details at http://mercuryfalls.net. Get the book at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5038.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #23
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I went on a buying spree and picked up your book and popped over and picked up Steve Jordan's book also. Now, my winter TBR list is looking a bit full.

I have to say that I went ahead and added your book based on the recommendations from here (especially, the comments by pshrynk)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #24
robkroese

Through the end of December, Mercury Falls is only $0.99! Get the book a recent reviewer called "wickedly funny." 60 5-star reviews on Amazon!

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5038
http://www.amazon.com/Mercury-Falls-...pr_product_top
Old 12-23-2009, 12:30 AM   #25
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
I finished it and it was great. I really love this type of over the top comedy

Last edited by animedude01; 12-23-2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Correct typo\
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #26
robkroese

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
I finished it and it was great. I really love this time of over the top comedy
Thanks, animedude!
Old 12-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #27
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Thanks for writing it, and I look forward to more along the same vein.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:55 PM   #28
robkroese

Haiti earthquake relief sale

A charity sale update: My Christmas charity sale raised $320 for CRWRC, and organization that helps victims of poverty, injustice and natural disaster.

With the recent earthquake in Haiti, the need is greater than ever, so I have decided to also donate all of January's revenue from Mercury Falls (hard copy and electronic) to CRWRC's earthquake relief efforts in Haiti as well.

Mercury Falls for Kindle

Mercury Falls at Smashwords

Old 01-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #29
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Excellent news.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #30
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Rob, thank you for making your book available to us through Smashwords (one of my favourite sites). It’s really generous of you to donate revenue to charity, too.

Mercury Falls is beautifully written. It was a joy to read a book that was put together with such intelligence. It’s polished and it’s a finished product.

Your skill as an author and your writing style made this book one I enjoyed so much that I’m sure I’ll re-read it many times.

I love stories along the lines of Dogma (I don’t know if that’s a book, but the movie was amazing) and RealmShift (author: MR’s own Alan Baxter).

Cherubim, demons, portals to other planes (linoleum, Armageddon and the four Attaché cases of the Apocalypse hehe) – this book is cheeky, irreverent and very funny. I giggled at some of Perp’s tips, I understood the humans (loved Christine’s character) and I admired/feared the ethereal characters (especially Mercury).

I enjoyed how the story all came together without me guessing ahead. The appearance of M towards the end was brilliant (I don’t want to give away too much, but I loved that twist)!

I kept going back and re-reading sections (which was no hardship at all). There’s a lot of complex characters and I wanted to understand everything. This is a book that I chose to read in detail. Well done, Rob!

Edit: There's another Mercury book at Smashwords and it's free! It's a short story and I've grabbed it.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/6946 Mercury Falls

Last edited by cbell; 01-22-2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Found another Mercury book at Smashwords!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angels, apocalypse, demons, humor, kroese