Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-15-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
Bringing Out the Dead

Hey folks,
I have been searching, in vain, for an ebook version of my all time favorite book: Bringing out the Dead by Joe Connelly. I don't imagine that anyone out there knows where I can find a copy of this? My guess is that no one has converted it into any ebook format yet...
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:12 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The odds of a 1998 novel being released as an ebook are low, unless it is reissued in paper too. Why not write to the author and suggest, if he can't get his publisher to release an ebook, he make it available as a creative commons ebook (e.g. via FeedBooks). This is likely to increase sales of the paperback book.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Normally I would agree with you, but Crumbtown (his second novel) is available as an ebook. Crumbtown was much less successful and published fairly soon after Bringing out the Dead, so I am at a loss as to why this would be available, but not Bringing out the Dead.

Last edited by jabberwock_11; 11-16-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
Normally I would agree with you, but Crumbtown (his second novel) is available as an ebook. Crumbtown was much less successful and publish fairl soon after Bringing out the Dead, so I am at a loss as to why this would be available, but not Bringing out the Dead.
It's not at all uncommon for the rights to different books in a series to be owned by different publishers, who have different policies about eBooks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
jabberwock_11
Addict

True, but both books were published by the same company and are currently owned by the same company...maybe the film rights have tied up any "electronic" rights that the publisher has.
Advert