Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 01:40 AM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Free/Bargain Christian Interest March 2014

We point out free and bargain Christian titles to each other. Please don't post any self-published books, and please do a search before posting to avoid duplicates.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast!

A freebie:

Devotions for Lent (Ebook Shorts): Meditations Based on Best-Loved Hymns. Robert J. Morgan. Currently about 4 1/2 stars out of 5 from 37 customer reviews. $0.00 Amazon Kindle format. http://www.amazon.com/Devotions-Lent...158280011_f_47

The lyrics of our favorite hymns are rich in images that can help us in our daily walk with God--they are miniature Bible studies that lead us effortlessly toward worship, testimony, exhortation, prayer, and praise. They're bursts of devotional richness with rhyme and rhythm. They clear our minds, soothe our nerves, verbalize our worship, summarize our faith, and sing our great Redeemer's praise. Bestselling author Robert J. Morgan has gathered favorite hymns, as well as classic, lesser-known gems to guide your quiet time with God during Lent.

Each devotional begins with Scripture, includes a story about the hymn or its writer and the lyrics to the hymn, and ends with a prayer. An index of hymn titles and first lines is included. What better way to end your devotional reading than with a song in your heart?

You may not observe Lent (as I do not). However, these devotions--many based on old, familiar hymns--seem like they would be of value to read and meditate upon any time of year.

Several of the Ebook "Shorts" series actually have been quite long--some in the hundreds(!) of pages. This one fits the description, however, being only 88 pages long.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
In case anyone follows this thread, but not the Kobo discount thread, there's a coupon for 90% off making the rounds.

fdkY9rd

While Zondervan books don't seem to be eligible for coupons anymore (at least in the US), Thomas Nelson and Tyndale books are. I just bought the rest of the study Bibles that I've been wanting for about $2 each. If you don't have The Orthodox Study Bible yet, it's still on sale for $3.99, so you could pick it up for forty cents.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2014, 11:36 PM   #3
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Difflugia. I was not aware of that code. What a super discount! I've already used it to get several books at real bargains, and hope to get many more.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-03-2014 at 05:23 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's a new batch of freebies for March

Changes of Heart (Montana Skies Book #1) by Paige Lee Elliston
B&N Amazon

Hearts Awakening (Hearts Along the River Book #1) by Delia Parr
B&N Amazon

Jeremy Lin: Faith, Joy, and Basketball by Ted Kluck
B&N Amazon

Love Amid the Ashes by Mesu Andrews
B&N Amazon

Once Upon a Summer (Seasons of the Heart Book #1) by Janette Oke
B&N Amazon

Pure Eyes: A Man's Guide to Sexual Integrity by Craig Gross and Steven Luff
B&N Amazon

Stuck in the Middle (Sister-to-Sister #1) by Virginia Smith
B&N Amazon

Understanding Your Bible in 15 Minutes a Day by Daryl Aaron
B&N Amazon

The Widow of Larkspur Inn (The Gresham Chronicles Book #1) by Lawana Blackwell
B&N Amazon

Additionally, the new revision of the New World Translation from Jehovah's Witnesses is now available in epub and mobi in addition to the PDF that's been available for a few months. Go to this link at jw.org and mouse over the icon entitled "DOWNLOAD OPTIONS".
Old 03-10-2014, 07:00 AM   #5
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I was tracking this for a little while and the price finally dropped to $0.00: Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels.

Quote:
Written by an L. A. County homicide detective and former atheist, Cold-Case Christianity examines the claims of the New Testament using the skills and strategies of a hard-to-convince criminal investigator.

Christianity could be defined as a “cold case”: it makes a claim about an event from the distant past for which there is little forensic evidence. In Cold-Case Christianity, J. Warner Wallace uses his nationally recognized skills as a homicide detective to look at the evidence and eyewitnesses behind Christian beliefs. Including gripping stories from his career and the visual techniques he developed in the courtroom, Wallace uses illustration to examine the powerful evidence that validates the claims of Christianity.

A unique apologetic that speaks to readers’ intense interest in detective stories, Cold-Case Christianity inspires readers to have confidence in Christ as it prepares them to articulate the case for Christianity.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #6
auntlee
auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: ibook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I was tracking this for a little while and the price finally dropped to $0.00: Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels.
Wow, thanks -- got it downloaded and looking forward to reading it.
auntlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #7
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Killing Jesus: The Hidden Drama Behind the World's Most Famous Execution. EPub (DRM protected). $1.59. Retail $22.99; current Kindle price $11.99. This deal probably is good today only. http://www.christianbook.com/killing...10/pd/38014EB?

Yes, I'm aware that most of you guys (me included) much prefer the Kindle format. If anyone finds my ePub posts useful, please let me know; otherwise I will just post mobis from now on.

It is the most famous execution in history. Its symbol is worn by hundreds of millions worldwide. Its spiritual meaning is recalled daily in time-honored rituals. It is the most passionately debated murder of all time.

In
Killing Jesus: The Hidden Drama Behind the World's Most Famous Execution, New York Times best-selling author Stephen Mansfield tells the gripping story of the conspiracy to assassinate Jesus Christ and the graphic details of his torturous death. Approaching the tale at its most human level-an approach often neglected by worshippers of Christ and the unbelieving alike-Mansfield uses both secular sources and the biblical accounts to bring fresh perspective and fire to this familiar saga. Rooted in scholarship but told simply-and with vivid detail-this thrilling, page-turning account of the death of Jesus will fascinate and stir readers whatever their beliefs might be.

Note: The content of this book is graphic and some readers may find it disturbing.

If you don't have an account with Christian Book Distributors, you will need to set one up to download this book, but it is easy peasy.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-13-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:46 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I appreciate epub and can read either format..
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #9
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Yes, I'm aware that most of you guys (me included) much prefer the Kindle format. If anyone finds my ePub posts useful, please let me know; otherwise I will just post mobis from now on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I appreciate epub and can read either format..
Same for me.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #10
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

I haven't been keeping up and I'm sure I missed some freebies in the last couple of weeks, but there are still some new ones at the moment.

A Distant Melody (Wings of Glory Series #1) by Sarah Sundin
B&N Amazon

Delirious: My Journey with the Band by Martin Smith
Publisher page

There are also a few Bible bargains:

The Action Bible is even cheaper at $4.99 than when I bit on it a couple of weeks ago.
Publisher page

If you're OK with a DRM-free PDF, click through to ChristianBook, where it's only $3.59.

The New Spirit-Filled Life Bible NKJV edition is $3.99
B&N Amazon

Not one of Zondervan's better bargains, but the NIV Life Journey Bible is $7.99 at B&N and $5.99 at Amazon
Old 03-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #11
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

The Pentateuch from The Oxford Bible Commentary Series is $2.99 at B&N and Amazon. It's currently $18.99 elsewhere.

National Geographic's The Gospel of Judas edited by Rodolphe Kasser, Marvin Meyer , Gregor Wurst and Francois Gaudard is $3.49 at B&N, Amazon and Kobo (where it's eligible for coupons in the US).
Old 03-18-2014, 11:11 PM   #12
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Great finds, Difflugia. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #13
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Didn't My Skin Used to Fit? By Martha Bolton. $0.00 Kindle price. http://www.amazon.com/Didnt-My-Skin-...in+used+to+fit
Also available free as epub at Christian Book Distributors: http://www.christianbook.com/didnt-s...B?event=eBooks and probably elsewhere.

Do you know a friend or have a spouse who's getting a little older and could use some ribs tickling? Could you use a perspective-altering, shot-in-the-arm about how to look at the minor aches and pains of going over the hill? For some, getting older is definitely not a laughing matter. For Martha Bolton, however, there's one lesson she's learned that makes aging easier--laughter and longevity go hand-in-hand!

Like other top Christian humorists Barbara Johnson and Patsy Clairmont, Bolton's humor is based in a faith that teaches while it makes you laugh. In Didn't My Skin Used to Fit, the message is that life after forty can be as much fun (even more so) than life before forty. When you can't stop the crow's-feet from walking over your face, it's time to laugh about it.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-19-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #14
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Zondervan sent me an email about a small sale they're having.

The "Buy Now" link under each book gives a choice of retailer.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:58 AM   #15
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

The NASB edition of The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible is $9.99 (normally $19.99). This is not a particularly good sale by itself (I've seen it as low as $3.99 in the past), but it's eligible for coupons at Kobo in the US and there's currently a contest with a generous number of >50% off coupons, up to 75% off (so you could get it for $2.50).

Kobo B&N Amazon

There's a real lack of good ebook versions of the NASB. The Lockman edition is, quite frankly, terrible. There are no translation notes and the the formatting is mediocre (it's a straight Calibre conversion from some other format).

There are three decent versions that I'm aware of (Charles Stanley, MacArthur and Life Application), but none are what I'd consider ideal. The Charles F. Stanley and Life Application include articles in the middle of the Bible text, which I don't really like. The MacArthur doesn't, but each verse is on its own line rather than arranged into paragraphs like in the Life Application.

I guess the moral of the story is if you want to buy the NASB, make sure that you check out a sample or preview first.

Tags
christian, devotions, hymns