Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-03-2007, 06:15 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Engadget ponders on e-reader choices

Our friends at Engadget ask: "What would be the best PDA or other gadget to buy to read e-books on the go? Is there anything that could be used to read them in PDF format?"

Of course we have plenty of tips we could share with them, don't we?

Link
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Someone could put up a link for us!!!

Engadget has no choice. They have to talk of reading devices since the Sony reader scored so highly in their 'Favorite Gadget' poll.
It's the typical result of any maketing study. Reading rates highly amongst the general population and warrants further commitments towards the E-book.
Yay!!!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
There are a couple of links there now. "Andrew" put up a link to the Wiki matrix, and I put in a link to the e-book devices forum.

Unfortunately, there are some 4 pages of comments, so whether anyone will see it or not is open to debate.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Even given the emphasis on dedicated devices, it's good to see quite a few people still reading e-books on their PDAs and cellphones (I'm still using my Toshiba e330 myself), and a mention of PSP. The best news to spread about e-books is that you have choices, whatever best suits you.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:42 AM   #5
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
I think the question of how to read pdfs on eink has one simple answer. :-P

Too bad it doesn't get answered until the 3rd page of comments. :-(
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2007, 01:34 PM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan
Even given the emphasis on dedicated devices, it's good to see quite a few people still reading e-books on their PDAs and cellphones (I'm still using my Toshiba e330 myself), and a mention of PSP. The best news to spread about e-books is that you have choices, whatever best suits you.
I find my Palm T/X a great method for proof reading a scanned book. I can highlight a typo & bookmark the page. This way I can easily find the error to correct my master .rtf file.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote