Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 05-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #106
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I'd love to sell it, but as soon as my wife finds out I won it, she's going to claim it!
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:51 AM   #107
FBoespflug
Enthusiast
FBoespflug has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FBoespflug has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FBoespflug has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony 505
Thanks for this action, it is funny to think I could win because I never win anything. I have to work hard to earn my reader and my ebooks!!!
FBoespflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #108
captcrouton
Connoisseur
captcrouton has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2
If I win, I'll sell it. I've never seen an ipad in the wild, but with the money I can get a kindle for my significant other, and another 200 to buy books. Amazing!
captcrouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #109
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Exactly. Whether grey imports are legal or not in your country is not relevant; the iPad needs to be available through official channels.
Can those of us not eligible to "get" an iPad give it away to someone else? my brother lives in the US and is an apple nut
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #110
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I need to win! Tim wants an iPad because I won't let him touch mine.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #111
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I need to win! Tim wants an iPad because I won't let him touch mine.
Way to go girl! iPads are like undies, you just don't share...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:31 PM   #112
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
My wife won't let me touch her pads, either; but that's another story.

I'd like one for writing. I can't envision it replacing my readers, but I've played with one in the Apple store and that keyboard is f-a-s-t!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #113
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
My wife won't let me touch her pads, either; but that's another story.

I'd like one for writing. I can't envision it replacing my readers, but I've played with one in the Apple store and that keyboard is f-a-s-t!
Do you mean the usb keyboard or the onboard virtual one?
BTW I just received the usb keyboard for... the soon to be myPad...

I used to have pads in the emergency pharmacy bag when I coached soccer. They're the best at cleaning wounds of blood overflow.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #114
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
I used to have pads in the emergency pharmacy bag when I coached soccer. They're the best at cleaning wounds of blood overflow.
I know a few blokes who keep them in their first aid kit because they are so good at absorbing blood.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #115
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Do you mean the usb keyboard or the onboard virtual one?
BTW I just received the usb keyboard for... the soon to be myPad....
The virtual keyboard. Beats the e-Ink versions to smithereens!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:04 AM   #116
piper10
piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 2, iPad, PW2
wishing...
piper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:10 AM   #117
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

This was the contest I really wanted to win!
Old 05-17-2010, 03:40 AM   #118
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I promise I will keep it forever!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:43 AM   #119
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
Quick maybe silly question: "Where are you from" means what it says, not "where do you live", right? Because they're different in my case.
Yes I'm trying to overanalyse everything - the other contest is to blame for that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Heh. Well, I must consider this. Until then I'll leave it to your interpretation.
I have the same question. It is important for me, because the country where I am from is not scheduled for an iPad (AFAIK), but the country where I live is. So, is it ok, if I answer truthfully and make a small remark in the free text field at the bottom? Or is it better to do it the other way around? Or...?
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:11 AM   #120
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I put the country I live in eventually.
If the poll asks about our most current information regarding reader, wouldn't it want the most current information regarding country?
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote