Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-11-2011, 04:25 AM   #1
mssmit
mssmit began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903 pro
My new Pocketbook Pro 903

Hi, new to this form so I wanted to say hello and I have a few questions:

1. in Calibre i tagged some PDF's. Is it right that the Pocketbook ignores tags on a PDF?
2. Is it right that you cannot sort on Author on the device?
3. Can I change the dictionary widget on the front (Eng->Rus) into En->NL?
4. Anyone lucky to make a bluetooth connection between the Pocketbook 903 and a HTC Desire? I'm getting an erro (PPP connection failed)

Thanks in advance!
Martijn
mssmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:58 AM   #2
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Welcome mssmit!

1. If I remember correctly Pocketbook was seeing the tags that I made, but I prefer navigating the folders, so I can't say for sure.
2. Same thing, I have folders with the author's name, so for me they are sorted by author if I look at the folders.
3. The image of the widget on the front doesn't change with the change of dictionary, but you can change the dictionary.

Sil
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:07 AM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssmit View Post
Hi, new to this form so I wanted to say hello and I have a few questions:

1. in Calibre i tagged some PDF's. Is it right that the Pocketbook ignores tags on a PDF?
2. Is it right that you cannot sort on Author on the device?
3. Can I change the dictionary widget on the front (Eng->Rus) into En->NL?
4. Anyone lucky to make a bluetooth connection between the Pocketbook 903 and a HTC Desire? I'm getting an erro (PPP connection failed)

Thanks in advance!
Martijn
Congratulations to your new reader and welcome to MR

1.) Unfortunately yes, not only on PDF, but all formats except epub (at least in the library, where he accepts tags as "Genre")
2.) Yes/No You can't sort by author in the library, but in Calibre you can build a folder structure (preferences->sending books to device) that has e.g. {author_sort}/{tags}/{title} and access this via the file folder in your reader. That way you also build a kind of working "tag" with your PDFs (e.g.{tags}/{author_sort}/{title})
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
mssmit

thank you for your quick responses! Do you guys know if the sortting on author will be a future feature?
Old 05-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssmit View Post
thank you for your quick responses! Do you guys know if the sortting on author will be a future feature?
Hi mssmit: you can already do it by following troll's instructions when sending your books to the device with calibre - they will show as ordered by author in the "file" view of the library
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:33 AM   #6
mssmit

Great people here on this forum; never had so quick the asnwers/help I was looking for. Thank you very much. And by the way: I managed! thanks!