Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
StephanieRose
StephanieRose began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
Hi there! *waves*

Hi there!

I love to read and I look forward to getting my first digital reader.

I have 15 books on my bedroom nightstand alone (with more in bookshelves and boxes all over the house), so I'd LOVE to have all of my books on a digital reader so I can take them anywhere. (And traveling with a reader seems sooo cool!)

Glad to be around fellow voracious readers!

Last edited by StephanieRose; 12-28-2008 at 12:53 PM.
StephanieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieRose View Post
Hi there!

I love to read and I look forward to getting my first digital reader.

I have 15 books on my bedroom nightstand alone (with more in bookshelves and boxes all over the house), so I'd LOVE to have all of my books on a digital reader so I can take them anywhere. (And traveling with a reader seems sooo cool!)

Glad to be around fellow voracious readers!

Welcome Stephanie Rose. You will love whichever bookreader you get. And yes, carrying all my books around with me is awesome. Not all books are availabe of course, but with all the freebies around, you'll never miss that. Be sure and check out the ones available here, and have your read the online Kindle guide at Amazon? Haunt these threads, and the Amazon discussions page and you will be an expert by the time you get yours if you do your research. Good luck!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Glad to see you are thinking about one! Got a particular device in mind?

It is really awesome having one, no clutter, ability to read anywhere, etc etc. I don't miss pbooks at all!

Welcome to the Forum!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
novascotiareader
novascotiareader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Hi Stephanie Rose - another newbie here, but couldn't help but comment on your description of yourself as a voracious reader, as that's exactly what i call myself!

And I also like to keep my books - not one to read and then return as I can read the same books over and over. So my bookshelves are bursting!

As late as a year ago I would not have believed I would be prepared to read a book that wasn't "real" but my mind changed fast once I saw and held the Sony reader! So good luck with your decision - I'm sure you won't regret it!
novascotiareader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Hi there!

I'm sure you will love whatever device you end up getting
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert