Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #106
Shanky
Shanky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Could you send me an SD imagen for Kobo Glo HD plase? Thanks a lot
Old 09-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #107
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 09-12-2017, 07:57 AM   #108
tegidi
tegidi began at the beginning.

Need Kobo Glo HD SD Image

I'm also stuck - my Kobo Glo HD is frozen can't boot. Could you please send me Kobo Glo HD image? - Thanks a lot
Old 09-12-2017, 08:12 AM   #109
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #110
Taapie
Taapie began at the beginning.

Would you be so kind to also sent me the Kobo Glo HD Image via PM? Thanks in advance :-)
Advert
Old 09-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #111
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:14 AM   #112
Wally
Wally began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
My glo hd just bricked and I need to reformat a new microsd. Would be very grateful if someone could send me the image.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:24 PM   #113
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent in response to the PM.

And my usual request: Post your requests for an image in the appropriate thread and allow a reasonable amount of time for a response. Five minutes is not a reasonable amount of time, and a separate PM does not speed things up.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #114
0ms47
0ms47 began at the beginning.

Hello,
could someone share with me an image file for the Kobo Glo HD, please?

Thank you.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:28 PM   #115
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:47 AM   #116
0ms47
0ms47 began at the beginning.

Quote:
PM sent.
Everything is OK, thank you very much.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:36 AM   #117
Moraes
Moraes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hello David,

My kobo glo HD as just bricked. I posted in worng section (i think), Do you have the backup image available + serial number and procedure for Kobo GLO HD?

Thank you so much!
Old 09-26-2017, 01:25 AM   #118
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:46 AM   #119
Moraes
Moraes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
PM sent.
Thank you david.

I was able to write the image to the sd card, checked that it created 3 partitions, and even researched I understood the process of inserting my serial number into the image editing hexadecimal. I tested with the image without serial, and with the image with my altered serial.

But nothing solved for me. My Kobo is still bricked with the white screen, just turns on the red led and has no activity.

Do you have any other tips to give me?

Thank you very much
Old 09-29-2017, 01:46 AM   #120
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moraes View Post
Thank you david.

I was able to write the image to the sd card, checked that it created 3 partitions, and even researched I understood the process of inserting my serial number into the image editing hexadecimal. I tested with the image without serial, and with the image with my altered serial.

But nothing solved for me. My Kobo is still bricked with the white screen, just turns on the red led and has no activity.

Do you have any other tips to give me?
Is the red LED flashing a few times and then going off? Does the screen light do anything?

The first thing to do is always to charge the device. Don't assume it is charged because it was the last time you used it. Give it a couple of hours, then turn it on. If it doesn't turn on, hold the power button down for 20 seconds to ensure the device is off, and then try turning it on.

The next is a factory reset. Try the last method on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Glo_HD.

You should also check the cable to the screen is still connected. Maybe it is turning on but can't display anything.

You can also try another SD card. The cause could be a failing card and putting the image on a new card would fix this. And you can take the opportunity to use a larger card.
Closed Thread