Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-13-2015, 05:46 PM   #1
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: nook, prs-650, prs-350, galaxy tab 2
Calibre database corrupted or missing with Dropbox sync

I created a Dropbox library, but when I try to connect CC to it it says database corrupted or missing. Any suggestions?
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:23 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootist View Post
I created a Dropbox library, but when I try to connect CC to it it says database corrupted or missing. Any suggestions?
Can calibre open that library?

Do you have enough space on your device to download calibre's database? CC stores the database in the default books folder set in CC's Formats and Folders setting.

I might be able to tell something from a CC debug log. As I am dealing with this issue, please erase the multipie address when you send it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2015, 06:31 AM   #3
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Calibre does open the library and my device does have enough space.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:34 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Calibre does open the library and my device does have enough space.
Then please send me a CC debug log (Settings / Other / Send a debug log to MultiPie), removing the multipie.co.uk address.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:54 AM   #5
shootist
Zealot

I sent the log. I installed CC on another device and it says there same thing.
Advert
Old 09-14-2015, 12:07 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

The debug log tells me what is wrong. What I don't understand is how it can be wrong.

The database that CC is getting from dropbox seems to be missing some critical information. If you are willing to send me a copy of the metadata.db file from dropbox then I can verify that CC is seeing what is really there. If you are willing, please send the metadata.db file to cc_debug_logs at charles dot haleys dot org.

Question: what OS are you using to run calibre? (windows, linux, osx)

Something you can try, after sending me the metadata.db if you are willing: open the library in dropbox with calibre. Change something for some book, for example add a tag. Close calibre, let dropbox sync, then try CC again. The point of this exercise is that calibre is supposed to update the info CC is using whenever calibre closes, and the add-tag will cause dropbox to upload the metadata.db file.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:11 PM   #7
shootist
Zealot

Windows 10
Old 09-14-2015, 01:33 PM   #8
shootist
Zealot

I sent you the file. Changing a tag seems to have fixed it
Old 09-14-2015, 01:39 PM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I sent you the file. Changing a tag seems to have fixed it
Did you send me the metadata.db before you made the tag change, or after?

Glad that the tag change fixed it. That does confirm that strange things happen with the metadata.db, something I have seen before in a different context. I can work around this particular case so that it won't happen again.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:03 PM   #10
shootist
Zealot

Before