Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-05-2017, 02:21 PM   #1
wellesradio
wellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavens

Device: apple ipad (3rd generation)
The switch was worth it

I was a long time holdout on switching from Marvin to Marvin 3. Let's admit it, the original Marvin is cute. It's the app I'd want my kids and students to use. But ultimately, Marvin is simply more POWERFUL. It's a great app for adult readers who love annotations. Thank you so much for all the hard work you've put into it. What more can we expect in the future?

I've browsed these forums before, so I'm wary of being one of those ungrateful users who makes DEMANDS. But I do have a couple of mild requests (here it comes, right?) that I long for. They have to do with annotations. Can we get back the feature where clicking on a highlight immediately pops up the note? That's how the original Marvin had it. I liked this because I am a fervent annotator, but also a fervently sharer of ebooks. It would be cool if clinking on a highlighted passage just took me straight to that little note rather than a sub menu.

The other thing is very similar. It regards the awesome photo feature. I notice that a thumbnail of the appended photo appears at the bottom right corner of the note, but it's unclickable. Instead, we have to search around for it in the settings menu. I usually have to explain to my students how to access these images.

And lastly, is there a way to sort annotations by color when browsing through them? I tend to color code my highlights (vocab in pink, cross references in red, notes with images in green, etc).

I think here would all be cool features, and all just slightly cosmetic in nature. I'll even pay extra for them as premium features. Thank you so much !
wellesradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #2
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellesradio View Post
And lastly, is there a way to sort annotations by color when browsing through them? I tend to color code my highlights (vocab in pink, cross references in red, notes with images in green, etc).
Both Bookmarks and Annotations have several sort options, including "Color, book order". From the bookmarks or annotations page, click on the Menu icon in the upper right corner. This might meet your color code needs.
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
wellesradio
wellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavenswellesradio is a rising star in the heavens

Device: apple ipad (3rd generation)
Thank you! Now if only the annotations and pictures themselves were more easily accessible.
wellesradio is offline   Reply With Quote