Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
robellard
robellard began at the beginning.

Device: Touch, iPhone, OSX
OSX to Iphone Sync Problems

I am about to own a kobo touch today, but I am right now trying to troubleshoot an issue with bookmark synching between my Mac and my Iphone.

All the software is up to date on both devices.

When I open my book on my iPhone and bookmark it on chapter 3 say, when I open Kobo on the mac it reflects the bookmark ok.

The reverse however will not work. If I close kobo on both devices and then open kobo on my mac and navigate to say chapter 4, and then close it, the bookmark will not reflect on my iphone when I reopen the app and book.

Is there a specific way to bookmark my location through the desktop app so that it will reflect when I open it on my iPhone?
robellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I don't actually ever read my books on the desktop app. But I vaguely recall that for a bookmark to appear you have to click somewhere and it drops down a neat looking image of a bookmark...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Odd, it's working here for me.
All I did was open the book in the desktop app, move forward a couple of pages, then tap on the Library tab to take me out of the book. I then looked at two iPhones one running the app, so I refreshed the library, opened the book and was at the correct page, the other I launched from cold, opened the book and was on the right page.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote