Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2018, 12:15 AM   #1
happycat
happycat began at the beginning.

Device: none
H2O 2nd Edition out of stock everywhere in Canada?

I'm been eyeing the H2O 2nd edition, but all retailers in Canada, online and in store are out of stock. I wouldn't think it's because of overwhelming demand. Is it likely discontinued or has it been pulled from shelves because of a defect?
happycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:00 AM   #2
bookwormteacher
bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.bookwormteacher knows what's going on.

Device: Sony prs-t3, voyage, oasis 1 and 2, Kobo h2O, Tolino Epos
In the last weeks it was out of stock in europe. I was very disappointed. Since the end of last week, they are in stock again. I was able to buy one. Will arrive today. So, when it‘s out of stock here, maybe you can buy one.
bookwormteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:08 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It's out of stock in Australia as well.

I think this is a legitimate out of stock. I don't think it has been pulled due to defects as we have had very few reports of problems with them here (compared to earlier Kobo releases). And I don't think it is being replaced as it is the last release (less than a year old). Plus, there is at least two months until the new device is available, so I think it is too early to remove it for that reason.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:41 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycat View Post
I'm been eyeing the H2O 2nd edition, but all retailers in Canada, online and in store are out of stock. I wouldn't think it's because of overwhelming demand. Is it likely discontinued or has it been pulled from shelves because of a defect?
Some Chapters stores do have the H2O2 in stock. Use the Chapters website to have a look.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:50 AM   #5
J_K
Enthusiast
J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: H2O 2, Aura 2, Clara HD, Touch
They were on offer in Europe over Christmas. £20 off in the UK. Which is why I bought mine.

So that may explain a lack of stock. They are now back in stock on Kobo UK.

Plus I wonder if they need extra stock if it will be sold at Walmart?
J_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:58 AM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycat View Post
While Chapters/Indigo show out of stock for online, about half the local to me stores have stock. Not very much stock with most saying call ahead for availability beside the stock quantity.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:46 PM   #7
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Low stock could be related to Walmart selling Kobo readers and books in stores soon. That is lots of stores to stock.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:58 PM   #8
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Good point. I momentarily forgot about the Wal-Mart/Rakuten Kobo deal.

Chapters/Indigo is now showing the H202 as in-stock for both online and stores.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:50 PM   #9
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Well, the H2O Second Edition is a year old now. Let's hope they're not replenishing stock because they're planning to bring out a new model.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:24 AM   #10
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo h2o2, bookeen muse frontlight, resurrected. Fire HD8.
The new Kobo Aura H2O will be available in black and will retail for $199.99 CAD (MSRP) in Canada at www.kobo.com and select retailers starting on May 22.

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle?
mahtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:41 AM   #11
J_K
Enthusiast
J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: H2O 2, Aura 2, Clara HD, Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtin View Post
The new Kobo Aura H2O will be available in black and will retail for $199.99 CAD (MSRP) in Canada at www.kobo.com and select retailers starting on May 22.
To avoid any confusion, that is from last year http://news.kobo.com/news-releases/r...170501-6110890 and refers to the H2O Edition 2, not a new device this year.

PS Kobos are on offer again at Argos if anyone is in the UK. £20 off both Edition 2s. So £129 for the H2O http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7507094
J_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:57 AM   #12
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
Quote:
PS Kobos are on offer again at Argos if anyone is in the UK. £20 off both Edition 2s. So £129 for the H2O http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7507094
Argh. 'buy now collect immediately!' is now taunting me! Better light than my four year old original. Lighter so obviously better from an rsi wrist injury point of view. Shiny and new!
But no SD card. Why must they taunt me so?

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
Liesse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:38 AM   #13
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It's out of stock in Australia as well. [...]
Over two weeks later and this is still true.

I had finally persuaded my wife to try out my Kobo Aura One ... and haven't been able to get my hands on it since. So I need of another ereader and was seriously considering the H2O.

It's not that I don't like the Aura One, but the battery is giving some trouble (not lasting as well as it should - and was) and the touch inaccuracy can be annoying (not a major bother, but a regular niggle). So, I thought, let's try the H20, it's not that much smaller. But now I'm starting to wonder if Kobo just don't want me to have one.

(My old Sony still works, and is what I've resorted to for now, but it's kind of a come-down after the Aura One.)
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:39 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtin View Post

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle?
It won’t be long until BadEReader picks this up and posts it as fact.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:06 PM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Over two weeks later and this is still true.

I had finally persuaded my wife to try out my Kobo Aura One ... and haven't been able to get my hands on it since. So I need of another ereader and was seriously considering the H2O.
I gave my Aura ONE to my wife before Christmas to try. But, I also I never expected to get it back. At the moment I'm using an Aura H20 and waiting to see what Kobo release in April. (Note: this is a guess, I don't know if they will release something the first half of this year, but I am pretty sure they will.)
Quote:
It's not that I don't like the Aura One, but the battery is giving some trouble (not lasting as well as it should - and was) and the touch inaccuracy can be annoying (not a major bother, but a regular niggle). So, I thought, let's try the H20, it's not that much smaller. But now I'm starting to wonder if Kobo just don't want me to have one.
Do you have a local JB HiFi? They are listing stock of the Aura H2O2 at a lot of stores. And you should be able to have a play to decide if you like it.
Quote:
(My old Sony still works, and is what I've resorted to for now, but it's kind of a come-down after the Aura One.)
Ugh. Whenever I pickup my Touch or Glo, the just feel so primitive. I don't know if I could read on them for any length of time.

Last edited by davidfor; 02-23-2018 at 07:13 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote