Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-16-2018, 02:17 AM   #346
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
What version of gcc/libc was used? An older version would be best to ensure the widest range of compliance with different libc versions.
Unfortunately, I used the latest version, gcc 7.3. It might be better if you compiled the files with an older compiler.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2018, 10:23 AM   #347
KevinH
Wizard
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
@DiapDealer
If and when you get a free moment, that would be very helpful.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Unfortunately, I used the latest version, gcc 7.3. It might be better if you compiled the files with an older compiler.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:08 AM   #348
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Should be able to do it this evening or tomorrow morning at the latest.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:57 AM   #349
KevinH
Wizard
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No rush! Thanks.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:09 PM   #350
KevinH
Wizard

BTW

I hopefully have fixed a segfault bug due to garbage collection in Python tk and added support for epub2, and preference being used for width of images which can be edited by the user but defaults to 500 pixels. It has Doitsu's linux nsvg2png and DiapDealer's nsvg2png32.exe and nsvg2png64.exe.

I will update it with older nsvg2png binaries for Linux later ... but this should be at least testable now by others with recent Linux systems, Macs, and Windows.

Any feedback welcome.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Access-Aide_v036.zip (236.9 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by KevinH; 02-16-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:15 PM   #351
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here are the linux binaries built with gcc 4.8.4

Also ... you don't have to accommodate my nsvg2png32/64.exe naming in your plugin's python code. Feel free to rename them to the standard nsvg2png.exe in their respective folders if you like. I was just building them on the same machine in the same folder and needed to differentiate (and didn't take the time to zip them up in separate win32/win64 folders before uploading).
Attached Files
File Type: zip nsvg2png_linux.zip (63.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-16-2018 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:36 PM   #352
KevinH
Wizard

Hi DiapDealer,

Thank You! BTW: I actually like with the name change on windows, as it makes sense to me.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:07 PM   #353
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

RE the windows GIF file permissions error deleting the temp folder .... I'm attaching a version of the plugin that seems to work for me on Windows (Vista) and Linux. Kevin: diff the accessgui.py file against the 036 version you posted upthread to see the minor change I made.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Access-Aide_v036b1.zip (236.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #354
KevinH
Wizard

Wow great work! Thank you. I will test it on my Mac and then make an official posting of the plugin.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:29 PM   #355
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
RE the windows GIF file permissions error deleting the temp folder .... I'm attaching a version of the plugin that seems to work for me on Windows (Vista) and Linux. Kevin: diff the accessgui.py file against the 036 version you posted upthread to see the minor change I made.
I've just tested this version on my Windows 10 machine and it works fine.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:44 PM   #356
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I honestly don't know why it works (or why only certain image-types experience the issue on Windows), but I'll take the win.

Pillow documentation clearly indicates that both file-paths and file-type objects are suitable for opening. There's no indication that one is any "better" than the other (nor have I seen any suggestions online anywhere that the file-type object will work better on Windows). *shrug*

Perhaps the file-type object method leaves the closure to python rather than PIL?
Old 02-17-2018, 01:50 PM   #357
KevinH
Wizard

Works like a charm on my Mac so we are good to go!