Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-26-2017, 08:13 AM   #676
vindy
vindy began at the beginning.

Device: PB626+
@brucelee
Thanks for the great job you are doing! I am a happy CR user on Pocketbook 626, and the only issue I have is that famous doubleforward/doubleback problem, when you click the button one time, and it brings you 2 pages forward or back instead of one page. This is actually a hardware issue, common for more than one PB models, and some people have enough courage to disassemble the button board and fill the button contacts with silicone.
I think it will benefit many users, if you can add an option "ignore second click for XXX milliseconds for forward/back buttons". Appreciate your thoughts on it.
vindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:08 PM   #677
superpawko
Enthusiast
superpawko began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 623
I'm using PB623. I've installed pro4 version, and pinch zoom doesnt work for changing font size. I also have big trouble with taking notes. I can't highlight anything. Sometimes after 200 tries finger touches it start working and i can highlight text. Any ideas?
superpawko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:15 AM   #678
claus.seitter
claus.seitter doesn't litterclaus.seitter doesn't litter

Device: pocketbook touch hd
My workaround for the cr3/5.17 problem is as follows: Change the PB settings to show the main menu after startup. If you now klick on the last opened book this will be shown in cr3 at the correct position. (PB Touch HD)
claus.seitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:15 AM   #679
reframail
reframail began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 2
I go the same way. On my opinion it's the only one solution now.
reframail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:00 PM   #680
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
I'm trying out the latest cr3-v0.0.6-17-61.3-pro5 on a Touch HD, PB631, FW 5.17. I didn't see much reported about this combination, so I report my issues. I hope I'm not duplicating.

First, I miss a way of choosing between CR and the built-in reader, like an Open With. IIUC this is a firmware 5.17 limitation, isn't it? So I removed extensions.cfg, my only option of opening CR is to launch it from the poterm command line. Just linking the .app in /mnt/ext1/system/applications doesn't cut it, as CR needs a filepath as command line argument. Any better solution?

Second, CR doesn't support RTL text in epubs. The built-in just does it, point. This was a determinant reason for me to choose PB. See screenshots. They are from pg45252 btw. I coded this book, I know that I handled correctly bidi.

Third, I have an issue on exiting CR. The main screen is wrongly redrawn as if the display was smaller than its actual size. See screenshot of that too. This unfortunately survives rebooting. I quite think the problem is related to the theme LineCustom. I could revert to the right sizing selecting Line as a theme in Settings, but the choice was overridden again reopening CR. Finally I removed /mnt/ext1/system/themes/LineCustom.pbt to get rid of the problem. Apparently the theme was also responsible for some mangling of the icons in the standard read menu, which rendered e.g. Rotate nonfunctional.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0005.png
Views:	425
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	161246   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0007.png
Views:	383
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	161247   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0003.png
Views:	386
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	161248  

Last edited by EastEriq; 01-04-2018 at 02:38 PM.
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:18 PM   #681
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
See here for the first problem:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3427069
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:10 PM   #682
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Oh I see, many thanks. On this FW the application is again called eink-reader.app (found looking in /usr/bin/*.app). And the Open With appears only as long tap on items in the librarian, I was expecting it as long tap on the book icons on the main page.

Guess I'll have to start educating myself about more coolreader goodies, now. Dicts, for instance.

Last edited by EastEriq; 01-04-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:56 PM   #683
EastEriq
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastEriq View Post
Second, CR doesn't support RTL text in epubs.
Now that I search, probably intrinsic in CR itself:
https://sourceforge.net/p/crengine/bugs/32/
https://sourceforge.net/p/crengine/f...-requests/135/
Old 01-07-2018, 05:50 AM   #684
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindy View Post
I think it will benefit many users, if you can add an option "ignore second click for XXX milliseconds for forward/back buttons". Appreciate your thoughts on it.
Good idea but I can't promise anything about its implementation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastEriq View Post
Third, I have an issue on exiting CR. The main screen is wrongly redrawn as if the display was smaller than its actual size. See screenshot of that too. This unfortunately survives rebooting. I quite think the problem is related to the theme LineCustom. I could revert to the right sizing selecting Line as a theme in Settings, but the choice was overridden again reopening CR. Finally I removed /mnt/ext1/system/themes/LineCustom.pbt to get rid of the problem. Apparently the theme was also responsible for some mangling of the icons in the standard read menu, which rendered e.g. Rotate nonfunctional.
You should disable this option in CR: Settings > Display settings > Custom system theme (needs restart)
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:18 AM   #685
Edemen
Enthusiast
Edemen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Hello. Would it be possible for the beam that is placed on top, the one with the time and page numbers, to be at the bottom of the screen?
So far, there are only two options, top and none. Maybe wizard Bruce Lee will think about adding this option?
Edemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:35 AM   #686
soer1488
soer1488 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 630
Hello dear Brucelee. Can you change the program to make notes stand out with your finger or 1 word like in native fb2?
https://ibb.co/f7iyYm

and the size of the cover on the whole screen
https://ibb.co/bMNgm6

Big thanks!

Last edited by soer1488; 01-31-2018 at 07:05 AM.
soer1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:12 AM   #687
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Small question: the dictionaries I added myself are seen, the native ones not (but I understand this is a normal limitation), what would happen with a dictionary I would buy from bookland ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:28 AM   #688
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The dictionary you buy would be added to the proprietary ones, and would only be accessible from the system applications that have permission to read those.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:42 AM   #689
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
The dictionary you buy would be added to the proprietary ones, and would only be accessible from the system applications that have permission to read those.
Thanks. But what a pity...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:45 AM   #690
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
...I would buy from bookland ?
Hasn't Bookland website closed down?
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote