Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-24-2024, 02:11 AM   #1
Maimun Ahmed
Mr. Developer
Maimun Ahmed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Exclamation How to use my custom Shared object(.so) file in Koreader

Hi there guys. I wanted to use my custom .so file in koreader. Is there any way I can achieve it. I tried putting the file inside of "koreader\base\build\x86_64-linux-gnu-debug\libs" and that works, but just in development.

When I try to put into the file to the libs folder of the actual release version that is installed into my kindle it doesn't work.

Note: I included ffi.load to get the .so file.

Here is an extract of how I am trying to use it (actual code is not in this exact sequence):
Code:
local example = ffi.load("libexample.so")
ffi.cdef("void hello();")

example.hello()
I am unable to describe the terms accurately so i attached the links for reference.

Anyone for help please.
Maimun Ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 03:40 AM   #2
Maimun Ahmed
Mr. Developer

Am I putting the file under wrong directory?
Advert
Old 04-24-2024, 03:26 PM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
When you say "the file," do you mean the exact same file in both cases?

By which I mean the file should be different for amd64 vs arm.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 07:58 PM   #4
Maimun Ahmed
Mr. Developer

Yeah, the same .so file. Firstly, I built the .so file with Golang selecting the OS as linux and architecture as 32 bit/386 (was getting an error in the emulator that 64 bit .so file is not supported).

Everything works fine in the emulator, the .so works exactly as expected but, my kindle says something like:

Code:
Failed to load dynamic library libs/libexample.so. No such file or directory.
As mentioned in the setupkoenv.lua, i am putting the file in the libs folder.
Old Yesterday, 05:45 AM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Kindle requires an ARM 32-bit build.

I don't know Go, but a quick check locally shows:
Code:
go tool dist list | grep linux
linux/386
linux/amd64
linux/arm
linux/arm64
linux/loong64
linux/mips
linux/mips64