Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Brand Netbook Do You Have?
Acer 16 14.04%
Asus 36 31.58%
Dell 3 2.63%
HP 4 3.51%
Lenovo 3 2.63%
MSI Wind 5 4.39%
Samsung 7 6.14%
Sony 2 1.75%
Waste of Money, wouldn't have one 3 2.63%
Don't have one, just want to see how this poll works out. 31 27.19%
other (please explain) 5 4.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2009, 08:18 PM   #61
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I've been fighting myself NOT to buy one (though I really really really WANT one). I'm a Dell girl but the at least one of the HPs has an express card slot which would allow me to use my broadband wireless card.

HEY DAFFY! Remember THIS post?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #62
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
HEY DAFFY! Remember THIS post?
You evil... evil... woman!

No one can stimulate the economy like I can.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #63
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Thank you. My job is done here.

Okay, lets see. Who's next?

Curly? Madame Z? Has any of this helped? Personally, I can't wait to get into a store and actually handle one.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:29 PM   #64
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:

Oh, I beg to differ! I am doing my very best to be a great patriot and to help turn my country onto the road of economic recovery! At least that's what I tell my husband when I head off to the mall!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:42 PM   #65
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Oh, I beg to differ! I am doing my very best to be a great patriot and to help turn my country onto the road of economic recovery! At least that's what I tell my husband when I head off to the mall!!
So *you're* my competition. I knew I had some but I didn't know who it was. No need to compete, there's enough economic stimulation needed to keep us both busy. We can alternate the lead.
Advert
Old 05-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #66
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So *you're* my competition. I knew I had some but I didn't know who it was. No need to compete, there's enough economic stimulation needed to keep us both busy. We can alternate the lead.
I agree completely! Is it my turn or yours?
Old 05-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #67
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Well, I could give you both some stiff competition, but my husband insists we pay cash.

Not very patriotic, is he?
Old 05-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #68
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Well, I could give you both some stiff competition, but my husband insists we pay cash.

Not very patriotic, is he?
But, oh, so wise!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:45 PM   #69
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
I agree completely! Is it my turn or yours?
Definitely yours! (my wallet is on fire at the moment)
Old 05-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #70
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Definitely yours! (my wallet is on fire at the moment)
Great!! I'm off to the bead shop tomorrow then!! Yeah!!
Old 05-27-2009, 12:13 AM   #71
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I don't want one my Toich serves the same purpose and is a reader besides. ' Just my opinion you understand. BTW i picked other.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #72
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
just buy chocolate - that'll help the economy and your mood .... SMILE.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #73
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Why does that sound like such a good idea???

BB has that model, but made to their specs. Its supposedly less powerful (?) Here is what one person says......and a couple of others agree. Would I notice the difference?

"This is NOT a full-featured Asus eee 1000HE. Look up the specs on the web. The "real" 1000HE has an N280 processor and the fantastic 9.5 hr battery.
I suppose this cut-down version was made just for BB."
That is NOT the 1000HE, avoid getting a "made for the store" type netbook. Get the real thing. It is worth every penny you pay for it.

Inspection's today, so I won't be around much.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:16 AM   #74
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
That is NOT the 1000HE, avoid getting a "made for the store" type netbook. Get the real thing. It is worth every penny you pay for it.

Inspection's today, so I won't be around much.
Best of luck, Ricky, although, with all the work you've been doing, I doubt you'll need it.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #75
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Best of luck, Ricky, although, with all the work you've been doing, I doubt you'll need it.
Wasn't able to finish everything. The rooms where the cats actually live are clean. However, My office and project rooms look like a bomb went off.

Technically, however, they are not allowed to look in those rooms .... and I will have a huge hissy fit if they even try.

Buy the 1000HE, DG ...... Buuuuyyyyy iiiiiiiitttttt!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote