Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Pride & Prejudice Enriched, a question

Last year Penguin released an enriched or enhanced ebook edition of Pride & Prejudice. I'm hoping Harry, who I know will know which one I'm talking about, or someone else can confirm for me that this is the correct version...

http://www.amazon.com/Pride-and-Prej...5596477&sr=1-1

TIA!
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Last year Penguin released an enriched or enhanced ebook edition of Pride & Prejudice. I'm hoping Harry, who I know will know which one I'm talking about, or someone else can confirm for me that this is the correct version...

TIA!
Well, the description does say the following......not sure exactly what else you would consider 'enhanced'..

This Penguin Enriched E-Book Classic features:

? The most complete e-version of Pride & Prejudice for e-book readers, including Kindle or Sony Reader

? A chronology and suggestions for further reading

? A filmography

? Period book reviews of Pride & Prejudice

? "What did Jane Eat?" - selected period recipes, including "How to Prepare Tea"

? A literary tour of noteworthy Jane Austen sites, including a black and white map of sites from Pride & Prejudice

? Period-appropriate black and white illustrations of fashion, home d?cor, architecture, and transportation, as well as instructions on dancing and social etiquette

? Linked notes and commentary allow readers to further explore Jane Austen and her wide-ranging appeal
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
It seems to be... it lists these extras:

This Penguin Enriched E-Book Classic features:
? The most complete e-version of Pride & Prejudice for e-book readers, including Kindle or Sony Reader
? A chronology and suggestions for further reading
? A filmography
? Period book reviews of Pride & Prejudice
? "What did Jane Eat?" - selected period recipes, including "How to Prepare Tea"
? A literary tour of noteworthy Jane Austen sites, including a black and white map of sites from Pride & Prejudice
? Period-appropriate black and white illustrations of fashion, home d?cor, architecture, and transportation, as well as instructions on dancing and social etiquette
? Linked notes and commentary allow readers to further explore Jane Austen and her wide-ranging appeal

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right, and I think it's the one everyone was talking about way back when. I guess it's cheap enough not to be a big deal if it's not.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
True.

Then there is this one... "Complete Illustrated" for only $.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Prejudic...5598798&sr=1-3

I guess that's when the 16 grey scale on the K2 comes in handy.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
this reminds me that i bought the enhanced version... now i need to "liberate" it so i can read it on my sony. hm.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #7
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

TIA!
Yes, it's the same one. When I clicked on the link, it told me I'd already purchased it, and I was involved with the discussion on this site last year.

Jim
Strether is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Thanks Jim.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:13 PM   #9
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Bought it from Fictionwise, alas not at that price (but with a rebate !).
I read this book half a dozen time, at least (my first personal book in english, recommended and brought from England by my english teacher at school, when I was 17 ! Not an easy one, by the way... ), and I saw the BBC series nearly as much !
But I need now to read this version, I'm sure I'll learn a lot of things !
This is one of the books that are to stay all the time on my Cybook, when I delete the already read ones.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote